As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. Working under difficult conditions, GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Project „Fit for Jobs“is searching for following:
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST–Vocational Education and TrainingExpert
SHORT PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION:
The German Government through Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH project Fit for Jobs aims to increase employment of Kosovar youth by improving the quality of vocational training and job search services as well as a stronger orientation in the labour market. The project operates in four field of actions that include: Facilitating the transition from lower secondary schools to vocational education and training; Promoting the systemic involvement of the private sector in vocational education and training; Anchoring the labor market orientation of (vocational) education in the respective reform policies and strategies;Improving the transition from vocational education or unemployment to the labour market. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has supported the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation (MESTI) and its subordinated institutions (such as NQA) over the past years in developing and revising different policies that regulate different aspects of the of education system in Kosovo.
This consultancy focuses on supporting NQA in reviewing the policy framework and sub-legal acts related to quality assurance in VET institutions. In addition, the consultant will be involved in supporting NQA in developing a number of manuals for accreditation of different school processes. The developed and revised policy framework, sub-legal acts, and manuals will serve as a solid basis for strengthening the role of NQA in VET sector in Kosovo.
- Develop the outline, plan of work and timeframe related to specific policy document/sublegal acts
- Conduct situation analysis related to specific policy document/sublegal act
- Develop the first draft of the document(s)
- Organize workshops (discussion of first draft documents)
- Incorporate feedback from workshops into the reviewed document(s)
- Finalization of the reviewed the document(s)
The contracted local consultant will have to organize and implement the above-mentioned tasks in the period from January-December2022.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
- At least a University Degree in Education or related social science fields (Master or equivalent)
At least 5 years of experience in working in VET sector
- In depth knowledge of NQA legal and policy basis related to quality assurance and accreditation of VET institutions
- Knowledge of current challenges and discourses within Kosovo’s VET sector
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian and English skills.
The applying consultant needs to submit proof of experience in the field of VET sector. A complete application therefore should contain:
- At least 2 Reference Letters.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English language to the deadline for submitting the application is 09.12.2021 at 15:00, via email at: XK_Quotation@giz.de, titled/labeled as“Vocational Education and Training Expert-83398398”.Only shortlisted candidates will be notified!