Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation SDC
Decentralisation and Municipal Support (DEMOS) is a project of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), co-financed by Sweden and implemented by HELVETAS. Currently our project team is looking for a
The Technical Consultant will provide support the National Audit Office respectively to the Auditor General with the following:
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Drafting and harmonizing the internal organisational acts with ISSAI, as a result of membership in INTOSAI and EUROSAI
- Addressing other requirements arising from the membership in INTOSAI / EUROSAI that may require the establishment of new units, e.g. talent management, leadership programs, training manuals, etc.
- Consolidation of various platforms and digitalisation of internal processes.
- Develop an Action Plan for Corporate Development Strategy and internal rules and regulations
- Coordinate with local and international partners and other relevant stakeholders;
- Helping the management of NAO with sectorial oversight in relation to external audit;
- Assist the Auditor General in the day-to-day duties.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
Qualifications and skills
- Master degree in finance, economics, law, political sciences or areas related to public finance management
- Fluency in Albanian, English and/or Serbian
- Academic specialisation and/or professional certification is desired
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in policy development, finance and/or public finance management
- At least three (3) years of experience as a consultant and/or advisor in similar institutions,
- Experience working with public institutions (local and central).
Specific Professional Experience
- Extensive experience in policy development in the area of local finances
- Expertise in legal review and legal drafting in the area of public finance
- Experience with Kosovo finance system (grants, own source revenues, etc)
- Experience in conducting assessments/drafting documents related to local finances and/or public finance management
The position is full time until end of December 2021. The successful applicant will be mainly based in the NAO offices in Pristina. The successful applicant might be required to travel to municipalities throughout Kosovo.
Please send your CV (indicating phone number) with two reference persons (of which one from an international organisation) until latest 01 October 2021 17:00 CET, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates may be invited for an interview.
The successful candidate may be required to present copies of diplomas, certificates and other documents.
HELVETAS provides equal employment opportunities for all candidates and encourages applications from female and non-majority communities in Kosovo.