REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
CONSULTANCY COMPANY FOR TRAINING OF YOUNG PEOPLE PACKAGE 9, GJAKOVA
Project: Kosovo Digital Economy (KODE)
Assignment Title: Consultancy Company for training of young people package 9, Gjakova
Ref. No. KODE/CS/22.214.171.124/2020
Project ID. P164188
Loan No.: 6285-XK
Issued on: November 23, 2021
The KODE Project is structured along three components: 1. Digital Inclusion, 2. Digital Work and Empowerment, and 3. Project Implementation Support. This assignment concerns the implementation of the sub-component 2.1 The Youth Online and Upward (YOU) Program under Component 2 of the Project.
Sub-Component 2.1: The objective of the The Youth Online and Upward (YOU) Program is to support increased access to online knowledge sources, information and online services and labor markets of 2,000 Kosovo youth, of whom at least half are young women. Trainings will be realized in 7 regions of Kosovo (Pristina, Prizren, Peja, Gjakova, Gjilan, Ferizaj and Mitrovica) for a total duration of 5 months per each training course.
Considering the evolving COVID-19 situation in Kosovo (incl. the possibility of local transmission of different strains of a virus, or variants), all selected Companies will have to follow the most up to-date central government and municipality guidelines with regard to the COVID-19 prevention and control. At the time of publishing this REOI, the trainings in-person are permitted in the country, however if new COVID-19 related measures are going to be introduced by the central government in the course of the bidding process concerning this REOI or thereafter, KODE/PIU
will consider the possibility of switching the trainings from in-person to online, as agreed with the selected Companies.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The overall objective of the YOU Program is to support increased access to online knowledge sources, services and labor markets of 2,000 Kosovo youth (hereinafter: beneficiaries).
The aim is to up-skill and re-skill selected beneficiaries into the training through a competitive process and help them leverage these skills to generate income.
The present Terms of Reference (ToR) concern the implementation of trainings for a Digital Marketing course and below-listed soft skills, organized in the Municipality of Gjakova for estimated 4 (four) training classes, each with two months in between, estimated 20 beneficiaries per one class, estimated 80 beneficiaries in total. The selected Company shall plan to deliver the trainings in-person in groups. If it is not possible to do so, the trainings -fully or in part- should be instead delivered online without any modification of the outlined criteria.
The selected Consulting Company shall implement following groups of activities for each training class organized, separately. Training activities as part of this Contract shall be completed within 14 months, starting from date of contract signing. Following activities have to be completed for each training class.
3.1 Initial preparation activities
- Information and outreach campaign
- Selection of beneficiaries
- Technical skills and soft skills in-class training and after-class home assignment in duration of at least 5 months, 200 hours of in-class training.
3.3 Post-training activities
- Examination Test and Certificates for beneficiaries who will complete the training. b. On-the-job guidance & mentorship
Long-term YOU Program’s goals are to:
- Improve economic opportunities for youth through training about specialized skills in IT sector and linkages to the job market in Kosovo.
- Provide youth with the opportunity of further developing their IT skills and soft skills in order to actively compete for jobs in Kosovo market and through online freelancing platforms.
- Create a sustainable opportunity of empowerment of young people in Kosovo.
The Consultant (Firm or Company) should be a training provider with relevant project experience. The work should be undertaken by a consulting team consisting of experts based in the field.
Detailed TOR can be found in the following address: https://kodeproject.org/en/other procurement-notices/
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE COMPANY
The selected Company must possess the following qualifications:
- Demonstrated capability in well-thought-out design and effective delivery of similar type of training, on-the-job or employability guidance, and mentorship, as evidenced by the relevant experiences, and the qualifications and experience of professional staff. (i. General qualifications of the company to REOI).
- Demonstrated Excellent project management skills, including quality assurance of work products and effective risk management. (i. General qualifications of the company to REOI).
- Experience working with private sector, government or international donors on similar interventions is considered as advantage. (i. General qualifications of the company to REOI).
- Demonstrated Experience with conducting of wide-ranging outreach activities effectively targeting youth. (ii. Relevant experience with similar assignments).
- Demonstrated experience in conducting impactful trainings in Digital Marketing or similar. (ii. Relevant experience with similar assignments).
- Existence or access to a functional online platform to manage trainees and provide e learning to them in class and remotely; (ii. Relevant experience with similar assignments).
- Demonstrated command of English and of local languages of key project management personnel, and working level proficiency in English for key trainers teaching technical and soft skills modules. The Company has to present a list of key staff required for this assignment e.g qualified trainers for specific technical and soft skills module as well as Project Manager. (iii. Availability of qualified staff).
- Demonstrated experienced staff in conducting similar type of training. Please note that only for the selected consultant will be invited to present CVs of the key staff. (iii. Availability of qualified staff).
As advantage will be considered:
- Practical knowledge of administrative, monitoring and reporting procedures used by government and international donors.
The evaluation and shortlisting criteria are:
(i) General qualifications of the company to REOI (30%),
(ii) Relevant experience with similar assignments (50%) and
(iii) Availability of qualified staff (20%).
A consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant’s qualifications based selection (CQS) as set out in the Consultant’s Guidelines in Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers July 1, 2016
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours: 09:00 to 16:00 (Monday to Friday).
Expressions of interest must be delivered by e-mail to the address below latest on December 6, 2021 at 16:00 hours Kosovo time.
Ministry of Economy
Base floor, office no. 12
”Mother Theresa” street, no. 36
10000, Prishtine - Kosova