Job Type Expat or Local
Job Classification Proposal (conditional)
MSI is recruiting a Qualitative Researcher for an anticipated Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) evaluation of the Kosovo Transparent and Accountable Governance (TAG) Project. The TAG project has the objective of improving the public availability and analytical use of judicial, environmental and labor force data by civil society, business and the government, thus promoting data driven decision-making. The purpose of this evaluation will be to assess the extent to which the TAG project achieved its targeted outcomes and stated objective. The performance evaluation is expected to consist of a mixed-methods, pre-post design, where a retrospective baseline may need to be collected if data is not currently available. The evaluation design will commence once the contract is awarded, expected by the end of September 2021. Travel requirements are not yet finalized but are a possibility.
The Qualitative Researcher will be a key member of the evaluation team for the duration of the evaluation. This position will provide technical leadership in the qualitative elements of the evaluation design, analysis and report writing as well as of data collection to ensure high quality data. This is not expected to be a full-time position and the level of effort will be determined once the evaluation proposal is active.
- Contribute to desk research and provide inputs for an availability assessment.
- Participate in an evaluation design workshop with stakeholders to build buy-in, establish coordination mechanisms, and define details for the evaluation design.
- Develop the most rigorous design feasible given rules of program implementation. Contribute to the drafting and finalization of the evaluation design including evaluation methodology, data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans, and other relevant sections. Focus will be given to judicial and environmental data and considerations.
- Provide technical support and oversight of data collection, ensuring necessary mechanisms for data quality assurance. Data collection may consist of two rounds (baseline and endline), each round with a survey, key informant interviews and focus groups.
- Develop coding framework, conduct data analysis and draft sections of evaluation reports, following MCC guidance on transparent, reproducible, and ethical data and documentation.
- Provide input on dissemination materials, such as evaluation briefs and presentation materials.
- Participate in dissemination efforts for the evaluation findings.
- Ensure all evaluation processes and products meet the requirements and quality standards of MSI and MCC.
- Master's degree or higher in a social science field (anthropology, sociology, public administration, political science or other) and at least 10 years of related experience
- Experience carrying out qualitative pre-post evaluations
- Experience designing a qualitative data sampling strategy, developing instruments, managing data collection, and conducting data analysis
- Ability to clearly and succinctly articulate answers to evaluation questions for an audience of practitioners in the final evaluation report
- Expertise in the government transparency in the judicial sector or environmental sector preferred
- Expertise in data communication to the general public preferred
- Experience working with relevant local institutions, such as the Ministry of Justice, Kosovo Judicial Council, Ministry of Economy and Environment preferred
- Albanian language ability preferred
- Experience working in Kosovo highly preferred
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.