Advertisement end date: 25/01/2022
Description of assignment title Programme Assistant
Assignment country Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
Expected start date 01/02/2022
Sustainable Development Goal ZERO HUNGER
Volunteer category National UN Volunteer Specialist
DoA reserved for persons with disabilities Yes
Host entity FAO
Duration 12 months
Number of assignments 1
Duty stations Pristina
Mission and objectives
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. FAO goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide.
The Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia (REU) is responsible for leading FAO's response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO's priority activities in the region. The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region. The Regional Office for Europe and Central Asia in Budapest, Hungary, is besides regional, managing also national programmes and projects in countries of the region. The office is also managing the regional Strategic Programmes and Regional Initiatives.
FAO operates in and provides technical assistance to Kosovo in the framework of the UN Security Council Resolution 1244 of 10 June 1999 and under the umbrella of the UN Kosovo Team (UNKT). FAO has been active in Kosovo since the end of the conflict in 1999, in the beginning with emergency and rehabilitation interventions in the agricultural sector. FAO focus has since then, evolved to a more institutional and policy support.
Under the direct supervision of the National Professional Officer (Programme Team Leader), the UN Volunteer will:
- Provide support to the collection, consolidation and maintenance of country data on food, crops, livestock, forestry and fisheries including information on external aid in FAO’s corporate systems and monitors changes in national policies affecting the agricultural sector
- Provide support to the preparation of technical, economic and policy studies, as required, and the development of country level development frameworks such as the Kosovo Programming Framework (KPF), the United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDSF) and the Joint Work Plans for its implementation, the Agriculture and Rural Development Programme (ARDP), etc.
- Participate in the identification, formulation and preparation of programme and project proposals
- Support liaison and collaboration with donor(s) and with institutional and non-institutional partners concerned with FAO Programme in Kosovo, including private sector, NGOs, academia and civil society.
- Participate in conferences, meetings, reviews and consultations for the development and implementation of the FAO Programme in Kosovo;
- Support FAO project office in Kosovo for a successful implementation of other projects activities
- Support the preparation of briefs and updates to FAO Management
27 - 80
Additional eligibility criteria
This assignment is part of UNV’s disability inclusion strategy. UNV seeks to 1) provide opportunities for persons with disabilities to serve as UN Volunteers 2) enable UN partners to expand diversity and inclusion of persons with disabilities in their workforce worldwide 3) build a talent pipeline of qualified professionals with disabilities who can contribute to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at national and global levels, with focus on national capacity. Only candidate with disabilities is eligible to apply for this position. If shortlisted for this assignment, you will be asked for a copy of an official document confirming that you have a disability from a general practitioner, or from an organization of persons with disabilities.
Important: On your profile, kindly select the response “yes” to the question of whether you consider yourself a person living with a disability. Should you require special arrangements to facilitate the interview and assessment during the selection process, please indicate this in the “special remarks” field in your profile. In case you are facing accessibility constraints kindly write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.