Action for Mothers and Children
Rexhep Mala, Nr. 72
10000 Prishtina, Kosovo
mob: +383 49 110 333
POSITION: PROGRAM OFFICER
Action for Mothers and Children, AMC, is a non-for-profit foundation with the foremost goal to save the lives of children and improve the health care for mothers in the Republic of Kosovo through developing better systems for the care of pregnant women, and their children.
We believe that every child and mother have the right to a healthy life, regardless of where they are or what means they have. By developing and implementing programs that improve the health care of mothers and their infants, the number of children who die unnecessarily can be substantially decreased. We aim to focus on the development of sustainable, high quality, and capacity building health care programs for mothers and children in Kosovo.
The Program Officer plays a central role in the development and coordination of AMC programmatic activities. The Program Officer works independently and collaboratively with AMC staff to plan, manage, and implement activities in the following areas: health education programming, research and evaluation, advocacy programs, meeting design and coordination, grant/contract management, grant and report writing, and publications/materials development. Other responsibilities include supporting public relations & communications activities, serving as liaison and AMC representative at meetings, and establishing and maintaining partnerships to advance AMC’s mission.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Participate in long- and short-term program development and planning;
- Participate in drafting project proposals;
- Develop and effectively supervise program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables;
- Monitor implementation of program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of AMC work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments;
- Facilitate small and large-group meetings and trainings;
- Identify partnership and funding opportunities and promote relationship- building among AMC and other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals;
- Supervise the day-to-day delivery of the program activities and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality of programmatic targets and goals;
- Prepare narrative reports for program under direct implementation;
- Cultivate existing relationships with donors with the goal of ensuring sufficient resources and develops new donor relationships.
- BA/BS Degree (at least), MD or other public health degrees (preferred);
- Strong skills in project writing and implementation;
- Experience or academic background in a field related to public health;
- Strong career interest in public health and mother and child health;
- A strong understanding or potential for development for program management;
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training;
- Demonstrated professional aptitude;
- Fluently in English and Albanian;
- Be highly-organized;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Teamwork skills and ability to work under pressure.
Parallel to an attractive salary, AMC offers you a healthy workplace and you will have our full support if you want to further your own personal development.
To apply for this position, please send your CV and a Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application - Program Officer,” no later than October 24th, 2021.
Note: Action for Mothers and Children through internal human resource regulations, ensures that all guaranteed human rights and freedoms are respected, and commits to implementing policies on child protection as well as those against bullying and abuse in the working place.