MANIFESTA 14 PRISHTINA
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Type: Full time
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalysing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place from July 22 until October 30, 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo. The Production department is looking for two energetic, detail-oriented producers to join the team.
The Producer is responsible for the implementation of the artistic programme of the biennial with all daily tasks and activities. This role offers a broad insight in the organization of an international contemporary art biennial and entails a large variety of tasks and responsibilities, covering all Manifesta 14 Prishtina productions, from new commissioned art works, exhibition venues, public programme and all biennial related events.
Working together with the appointed Creative Mediator, the invited artists, and the Production Coordinator, the producer will help the production team execute the production plan, making sure the targets are met on time, within budget and quality standards set and supervised by the Head of Production. For the fourteenth edition in Prishtina we are hiring two producers.
- Production of new commissioned artworks with the Production Coordinator,
- Control of the artist’s project budgets,
- Arrangement of research visits for the artists,
- Accompaniment of the artist to project partners
- Organization, preparation, and documentation meetings at the venues
- Production and coordination of the public programme and all related events (performances, conferences, screenings, etc),
- Management of all technical and administrative aspects of the biennial’s events (press conferences, artist talks, workshops, etc),
- Support the artists with their research in the local context,
- Support the Creative Mediator Assistant with the organisation of the Creative Mediator’s visits,
- Support the Creative Mediator and the artists in building good liaisons with local stakeholders,
- Definition of technical implementations of the artworks in collaboration with the artists,
- Management and supervision of all necessary permissions related to the artist’s projects and the exhibition venues,
- Implementation of emergency and safety regulations with the support of the Production Coordinator and the Head of Production,
- Coordination of artwork loans (contact to lenders, implementation of specific technical requirements according to loan agreements),
- Coordination of incoming and outgoing art transports,
- Development of a local network of suppliers,
- Coordination of tendering, contracting, and billing processes with suppliers,
- Coordination of suppliers and external collaborators during production, installation, maintenance, and dismantling phases,
- Preparation of technical dossiers for grants, city authorities, etc.,
- Support the installation of the biennial’s signage in collaboration with the Communication Department,
- Realisation of maintenance manuals of the produced artworks before the opening of the biennial,
- Support the maintenance of the exhibition (daily turning on/off, coordination of cleaning company, etc),
- Support the dismantling of the biennial and closing of office facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, architecture, or related creative field,
- Proven working experience in contemporary cultural production, visual art and/or architecture, with a technical background,
- Proven knowledge of the contemporary context of Prishtina, as well as the history and development of the city and Kosovo at large,
- 4+ years of experience in similar arts related/exhibition environment,
- Mother tongue Albanian and professional fluency in English – both in written and Serbian and other languages are appreciated,
- Experience in cultural project planning within complex administrative contexts,
- Experience in overseeing the production of an art show,
- Experience in producing new commissioned (multimedia) art projects,
- Experience in interacting professionally with Creative Mediators, international and local artists, production teams, technical assistants, suppliers, etc,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills,
- Ability to work collaboratively across several teams / departments,
- Willingness to work occasional extended hours, and weekends especially during installation periods,
- Excellent time management skills,
- Highly organized, detail oriented and efficient,
- Excellent IT skills – working level knowledge of MS Office suite, especially Excel,
- Working level knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus,
Working location: Manifesta 14 office in Prishtina, Kosovo
Working period: November 1, 2021 – November 31, 2022
Gross salary range: 900-1,100€ / month (Depending on qualifications and experience)
If you are interested, please send your application containing a motivation letter (max. 300 words) and a CV both in English and all combined in one pdf by Friday, October 15, 2021 to email@example.com (subject line PROD: Producer). Successful candidates will be invited to an interview, which will take place in the office in Prishtina (and/or via zoom) between October 20 and October 22, 2021.
Manifesta is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.
We are looking forward to your application.
For more information about our organization, please visit our websites www.manifesta.org and www.manifesta14.org