- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: MED00000J
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Grade: NP1
- Job Level: Professional
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Oct 15, 2021
- Closing Date: Nov 11, 2021
- Target Start Date: Dec 15, 2021
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Media Section in the OSCE Democratization Department, the incumbent performs the following functions in the Department’s work with professional associations of journalists, media outlets, international organizations, public universities, media development civil society groups and relevant media institutions as a component of democratic governance, the incumbent will be performing the following duties:
- Developing, drafting and implementing projects of the Media Section, focusing on the Section’s core areas of Tailored Support to Media Institutions, Media Literacy, Expanding the Media and Public Relations Capacities of Public Institutions, and Support to Media with Pronounced Emphasis on Non-Majority Media and Female Journalists; Takes overall responsibility for assigned activities under the supervision and guidance of the Chief of Media Section; ensures that the activities and project are successfully implemented in accordance with its objectives throughout the project cycle, including designing action plans, budgets, implementation plans, final reports and evaluation; Provides expert advice to and regular written and verbal feedback, in particular written progress reports during the implementation phase of the activities assigned and contributes to composing the final self-evaluation report at the conclusion of the project. The final report includes a segment on the evaluation of project activities and detailed suggestions for follow-up and improvement on design and implementation;
- Establishing and maintaining regular contacts with stakeholders in order to receive and disseminate information on media developments, donor meetings focusing on media literacy and safety of journalists issues in and outside the OMiK mission area;
- Reporting and drafting recommendations to the OSCE Mission and activities outlined in the project; Assists the Chief of Section in identification beneficiary needs, developing and implementing projects to improve compliance with principles of freedom of media, the safety of journalists and media literacy and proposes activities in line with the Section’s annual planning;
- Performing researching and compiling background material on the role of media, the safety of journalists, media literacy, and the status of media pluralism and freedom of media, as well as, on major departmental topics and assists in the organization of meetings (identifies participants and provides logistics support) involving journalists, representatives of professional associations of journalists, media outlets, international organizations, public universities, media development civil society groups and relevant media institution and members of local and international organizations to discuss policy and practical issues related to the freedom of the media, media literacy and the safety of journalists; writes summaries and reports on the topics discussed;
- Advising the Chief of Section on ongoing developments related to freedom of the media, the safety of journalists and media literacy, and drafts memos, emails, summaries and recommendations or conclusion derived from international and local reports and recommendations/results from past Media Section projects submitted for weekly reports related to these developments;
- Performing other duties as required.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- University degree, in political science, international affairs, media affairs or related field.
- Minimum two years professional experience in development, media, and/or project implementation, preferably on freedom of media issues; some of the working experience should have been acquired in a national or international organization or a mission environment
- Established experience in drafting, designing managing project in a development context;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, and local languages
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications
- Experience analyzing and interpreting research data and to present findings and conclusions in a form suitable for use by governmental and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience using administrative skills to organize meetings.
- Experience conducting research and presenting findings in an intuitive and coherent manner to a diverse audience;
- Holding a valid driving license
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 1,609.42 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE Group Insurance Plan (Health, Life, Accidental Disability and Temporary Incapacity Insurance) and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org. Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.