As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is seeking to fill the position of:
Local Intern – Information Technology
The overall purpose of the assignment
The intern will actively contribute to meaningful projects and work closely with IT colleagues. He/she will be responsible for providing IT support ensuring day to day IT support to staff, general office operations and procedures.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The local Intern shall:
- Support the IT team in maintaining hardware, software, and other systems
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and provide technical support
- Support users with technical matters
- Respond to queries from callers
- Install and maintain PCs, laptops, telephones, scanners and other IT devices
- Perform standard help desk procedures
- Support all GIZ standard software programs (e.g. onSITEasset, MS Office, WinPACCS, SAP)
- Regularly maintain software updates on the client PC if necessary
- Install/maintain the LAN (Local Area Network)
- Test new or upgraded software programs and update all software according to the latest version
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the IT officer.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Current university student pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Info Systems, Engineering or recent university graduate – Bachelor’s Degree in one of these fields
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area, would be an advantage
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; German will be an asset
- Familiarity with IT hardware and the software, IT network systems, database software, and a basic understanding of specific software
- Working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, email, the internet) and computer applications based on the Microsoft platform
- Friendly and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and service orientation
- Able to provide technical support over the phone and professional attitude
- Skills to work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: 1 February 2022
Duration: The internship will last 6 months.
This is a full-time internship (8hrs per day, 40hrs per week)
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern - IT
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 14 November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply