As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological, and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is seeking to fill the position of:
Local Intern – Human Resources
The overall purpose of the assignment
The intern will actively assist in general human resources services and support human resources officer officers with his/her tasks. He/she will be responsible for assisting with filing documents in reference files in line with GIZ’s filing rules and providing support services to the GIZ staff.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The local Intern:
- Assists in responding to staff inquiries regarding HR policies, health insurance and other HR-related matters in a timely manner
- Files HR documents accordingly (digital and physical files)
- Assists in preparing the job vacancies and screening applications
- Assists in maintaining the leave system
- Assists HR officer(s) in implementing a local training plan
- Assists in dealing with health insurance issues
- Ensures that the necessary office supplies are available
- Organises and compiles information materials
- Help with the performance review process
- Completes forms and tables in accordance with specific instructions from the human resources officer(s)
- Documents service requests and enquiries
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of the human resources officer.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- Student in the last year of studies or recent graduates with a Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, law, project management, finance.
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in this area, would be an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; German will be an asset
- Good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Basic knowledge of labour legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong ethics, integrity, reliability and confidentiality
- Motivated team player with sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Friendly and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and service orientation.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: 1 February 2022
Duration: The internship will last 6 months.
This is a full-time internship (8hrs per day, 40hrs per week)
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Local Intern - HR
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 14 November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.