- Requisition ID: GOV00000D
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Sep 10, 2021
- External Closing Date: Sep 26, 2021
- Target Start Date: Oct 4, 2021
- Job Type: Consultant
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
Under the Project, “Cultivating a Human-Centred Approach to Developing Networks of Governance Effectiveness (CHANGE) III”, the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Governance Section (GS) aims to support the Assembly of Kosovo’s Committee on Human Rights, Gender Equality, Missing Persons and Petitions [hereinafter “Committee”] to manage the process of handling petitions. The existing Committee support staff has been overwhelmed with work relating to the process of reviewing the petitions submitted by one or more residents.
In 2020, the Mission supported the Committee with an local consultant for three months. The dissolution of the Assembly, which occurred in December, interrupted the planned continuation of support; the Mission will continue this year to provide the committee with much-needed assistance in this field.
Objective of Assignment:
The Committee on Human Rights, Gender Equality, Missing Persons and Petitions require the services of an local consultant to provide assistance and support on the management and administration of Committees legal initiatives, selection of Independent Institution members, oversight activities and petitions.
Duration of Assignment:
The consultant is expected to have 40 working days
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Activity Manager the local consultant will be responsible for the provision of administrative and technical support to the Committee in the field of Committee legal initiatives, the selection of Independent Institution members, oversight activities and petitions.
The tasks of the consultant will be to:
- Provide administrative assistance to Committee members to better manage the process of committee legal initiatives, the selection of Independent Institution members, oversight activities and petitions;
- Support the Committee Chairperson to assess the efficiency of current administrative procedures, including statistics on petitions during the current legislative session;
- Support the Committee in implementing parliamentary activities through regular proceedings and mechanisms;
- Actively support Committee members in their daily work.
- One monthly written report outlining administrative assistance provided to the Committee.
- Periodic reporting (once every 2 weeks) updating the Activity Manager on the status and progress of the Committee's work on the draft laws reviewed as foreseen by the legislative programme and legal initiatives of the Committee, such as the draft law against domestic violence.
- Periodic reporting (once every 2 weeks) updating the Activity Manager on the status and progress of the Committee’s work on the oversight and selection of the members of Independent Institutions under the Committee’s scope of work.
- Effective and efficient communication with all relevant MPs and parliamentary staff working with the Committee;
- The OSCE Activity Manager will confirm the quality of the monthly and final report submitted by the Local consultant;
- Flexibility on possible new instructions to be taken into consideration, which may derive from the OSCE Mission in Kosovo Governance Section during his/her assignment;
- Timely submission of all deliverables and other products that are foreseen within this TOR.
- A First-level university degree is an asset;
- At least three years of relevant experience, preferably in the Assembly of Kosovo or government institutions;
- Interest and basic knowledge of community and human rights issues;
- Excellent organizational skills with the capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities;
- Ability to cooperate with team members and communicate effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Good command of Windows software, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook;
- Ability to keep strict deadlines and deal with several activities simultaneously;
- Fluent in Albanian and Serbian/Bosnian. Working knowledge of English is an asset
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.