The non-profit organization Initiative of Justice and Equality – INJECT is one of leading civil rights organizations established to empower women legally and, to advocate institutions for the protection of social, economic and cultural rights of women. The focus of INJECT’s dedication is to eliminate structural / institutional violence within rule of law institutions. Through legal empowerment we aim to develop the capacity and confidence of women to insist on their rights. We support women with information about the judicial system and their rights and provide them assistance during their legal procedures. INJECT has done pioneering work to empower women to have access to their property rights, especially joint marital property after divorce. INJECT collaborates with the police, courts and other relevant rule of law institutions to increase gender sensitivity and professionalism in institutions.
In order to assist women, victims of domestic violence, in requiring for institutional protection of their legal rights, INJECT offers legal counseling for victims pursuing justice, through the rule of law system
INJECT is looking for two Legal Interns to work in our “Women Rights are Human Rights. Protect them!” Project, by providing vital assistance with case management, client relations and direct client assistance. Legal interns with the INJECT have a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge, women’s rights, cases.
Project “Women Rights are Human Rights. Protect them!” is funded by the Balkan Trust for Democracy, a project of the German Marshall Fund of the United States, and the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Belgrade.
Roles & Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The legal intern will conduct client interviews, perform legal research as needed, and support the Legal Experts’ and the INJECT’s work.
- Research documents and publications for details that would establish evidence.
- Draft various documents and client correspondence, at supervisors’ requests.
- Proof-read documents and submit them to INJECT’s project supervisors.
- Observe and participate in client meetings, trials, mediations, and outreach
- Interns may also be asked to analyze the legislation corresponding to a respective case
- Conduct phone intake with clients to identify potential legal issues and to obtain necessary information from citizens asking for assistance
- Perform other office and project duties as needed within the needs and requests of supervisors
All intern duties will be supervised by the Legal Expert and Project Coordinator.
- Candidate must be university graduate of Law Studies or in the final year of graduation
- Very strong research, writing and communication skills
- A demonstrated commitment to human/women’s/civil rights issues.
- Previous experience working with non-governmental sector is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- It is preferable for the applicant to have a good knowledge of English language.
What you’ll get in return
The intern will have a unique opportunity to work with professionals and practitioners that are experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated to support domestic violence victims. You will learn form one of the best Legal Experts through assisting her/him in preparation for court proceedings for selected victim’s representation cases.
At the end of the internship Intern will receive a reference letter from INJECT.
Duration of Internship – Internship starts July, 2021 and ends May 2022.
Compensation – Interns will be offered a monthly salary.
Internship Location: Internships are available at our office in Pristina.
Please email your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com no later than July 2nd, 2021 16:00 hours.
NOTE: Please be advised that you should write “Legal Internship Application” in the Subject Line.