As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalized world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information about GIZ see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Fit for Jobs project is seeking to fill the position of:
Monitoring and Evaluation
The overall purpose of the post
To improve the employability of Kosovar young people, individual and organizational capacities of general and vocational schools under the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (MESTI), the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) and the local employment office and private sector enterprises and institutions will be promoted. The active engagement of companies in vocational education, the introduction of school development plans, the integration of labour market-relevant regular and extracurricular offers in secondary and vocational schools as well as the organization and development of the Kosovar Employment Agency (EARK) and the local employment offices support the reforms in the partner organizations. The systemic anchoring takes place through policy advice on the design of strategies, laws and regulations as well as the initiation and monitoring of cooperation mechanisms of relevant state and non-state actors. A special focus of the project activities will be to support the reintegration of returnees. The implementation also draws on the experiences and lessons learnt from two predecessor projects in the fields of basic education, vocational education and youth employment promotion.
The Junior Advisor will support the development and setting-up of the project monitoring system according to different reporting needs, especially those of the programme “returning to new opportunities” and linked to partner monitoring systems. In this regard the junior advisor will closely cooperate with the advisor for monitoring and evaluation, as well as the advisors for employment-oriented education and vocational education and training (VET), providing advice on monitoring to them and ensuring the quality of monitoring and evaluation data provided by them.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The Junior Advisor is responsible to:
- Support the Monitoring and Evaluation processes within the project, in order to ensure the overall quality of M&E of the project
- Support the data collection and analysis for project M&E in accordance with timeframes outlined in the workplan
- Support and advise project staff on the use of M&E tools
- Support the documentation and recording of the outcomes of the project’s activities
- Support the drafting for the regular reporting to the commissioning party and other stakeholders
- Regularly review the data collection processes and provide recommendations for adjustments as needed
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to program staff to enable informed decision making
- Support the project team in coordinating and managing project activities in the field of reintegration of returnees
- Support project activities with a focus on vulnerable groups
- Supports specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of projects or programmes
- Supports specific tasks in connection to knowledge management for the project
- Support the external and GIZ internal communication.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience
- University degree in the field of political and/or social sciences, education studies, international relations or a related field or equivalent professional experience (demonstrating analytical skills).
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position with international organizations or public institutions in Kosovo or other agencies.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; German will be an asset
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong communication skills, both in written and verbally
- Strong analytical skills, an affinity for numbers and figures
- Very good coordination and organizational skills.
Location: GIZ Office-Pristina
Expected start date: November 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to email@example.com
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Junior Advisor M&E– FfJ
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 1st of November 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.