- POSITION TITLE: Sector Support Intern
- WORKSITE LOCATION: Prishtina, Kosovo
- INTENDED INTERNSHIP PERIOD: June 2021 – December 2021
- LENGTH OF INTERNSHIP: 6 months (with possibility of renewal, subject to USAID Compete needs)
- INTERN’S SUPERVISOR: MELP Manager and Sector Leads
USAID has awarded Cardno a five-year contract to promote resilient, self-sustaining market systems, and to facilitate the private sector’s improved competitiveness in local, regional, and global markets. Through the USAID Compete Activity, Cardno will work to empower firms, organizations, and institutions to improve market systems. USAID Compete focuses in three key export-oriented sectors (Information and Communications Technologies (ICT), wood, and food Processing) to sustainably increase their competitiveness. By working to address constraints across the system, USAID Compete seeks to enable scalable and systemic change to occur, stimulating job creation and private sector’s increased ability to engage in local, regional, and international markets. The expected results of USAID Compete across all three sectors are: 1) market systems are strengthened to increase sector competitiveness and 2) market actors within those market systems are more productive and competitive.
The selected Sector Support Intern will provide daily assistance and support on tasks related to the needs of USAID Compete focus sectors and on monitoring and evaluation, mainly assisting on topics and interventions listed under the deliverables section, but also other tasks as needed.
- Learn and acquire professional experience towards desired career path.
- Advance skills on data collection and analysis.
- Advance teamworking and communication skills with USAID Compete and sector associations.
- Learn to work responsibly and independently in a dynamic work environment.
- Learn to work in a team setting towards common project goals.
- Obtain knowledge and skills relevant for potentially working in a donor-funded (USAID) project.
- Support sector associations to collect data and analyze information about new developments.
- Assist in keeping notes during interviews with stakeholders.
- Provide research assistance on defining baselines for the Digitalization Index.
- Provide research assistance on topics related to sector certifications linked to export competitiveness.
- Provide assistance in developing the CRM database of ICT companies.
- Provide assistance in supporting ICT sector (STIKK) and food processing (FP) sector associations to map ICT and FP sectors’ formal and non-formal, public and private, VET providers and their training packages.
- Provide assistance in supporting STIKK and food processing associations to map ICT and FP education and training needs, including specifying training needs that contribute to export growth.
- Provide assistance in supporting sector associations in establishing regular data/statistics collection for their respective sectors.
- Perform other duties as needed beyond the scope of the job description. .
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS:
- Recently completed or in the final year of completion of a university degree in Business Administration, Economics, and/or Marketing. Another relevant field of study that fits with tasks required may be considered.
- Good communications skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English and Albanian.
- Attention to detail.
- Committed, hard-working, and willing to learn.
- Competency in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Be flexible and adaptable.
To apply, please submit your CV and one-page cover letter in English, highlighting your interest and suitability for the role.
Please send the requested documents electronically to the following email: email@example.com.
All submissions must be received on or before Wednesday, August 04, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.