- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: POL00003P
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: one
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Vushtrri / Vucitrn
- Posting Date: Nov 2, 2021
- Closing Date: Nov 9, 2021
- Target Start Date: Nov 10, 2021
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent)
The Department for Security and Public Safety (DSPS) of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OMiK) continues to proactively participate and support the development of the security and public safety sector in Kosovo. In this regard, to ensure the sustainability of progress made by Kosovo Agency on Forensics (KAF), the Police Development and Monitoring Section (PDMS) will continue to provide support to KAF to achieve their envisioned objectives set out in the KAF Development Strategy 2016-2020.
In its efforts to improve the KAF capacities in performing its functions, and as per the training needs assessment of KAF, OMiK/DSPS will support the agency in building the capacities in the forensics scientific areas. Moreover, to ensure sustainable capacity building and professional development, DSPS/OMiK will continue to support the KAF at strategic level by offering advice and consultancy based on best forensics practices related to strategic development.
In line with needs of KAF, and in line with the UB programme objective of ensuring “a sustainable, accountable and equitable security sector is able to fight crime, ensure public security and protect human rights”, Police Development and Monitoring Section (PDMS) will deliver one week advanced training on organic explosives before and after the explosion. The training will target 6 KAF experts The training will be delivered from 15 to 19 November 2021.
The training will focus on:
- Use of LC/MSMS-Ultra high performance liquid chromatograph with triple quadrupole mass detector, Model: LCMS-8060,
- Validation methods for un-exploded organic explosives and OGSR (organic gunshot residues).
Objective of Assignment:
The objective of the training is to improve the skills and enhance the knowledge of the 6 KAF experts in the area of organic explosives
Duration of Assignment:
The duration of consultancy is eight (8) working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief of PDMS, the international expert shall:
- Draft the training methodology and materials in consultation with PDMS;
- Deliver final training agenda, video presentations, PowerPoint presentations, practical exercises and case studies as agreed with PDMS;
- A pre-course evaluation test and a training evaluation questionnaire satisfactorily incorporating PDMS comments will be submitted to the Chief of PDMS in electronic form/as agreed with the PDMS Chief;
- Conduct 5 (Five) days of Advanced training on organic explosives before and after the explosion for 6 KAF experts;
- Provide advice on the sustainability of the specialized training programme in the relevant area to the PDMS;
- Produce the final consultancy report and recommendations for further action.
- By 05 November 2021 submit the draft proposal of an assessment methodology satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments, if applicable, to the Chief of PDMS in electronic form;
- By 10 November 2021 prepare the final assessment field work agenda satisfactorily incorporating the PDMS comments and submit to the Chief of PDMS and in electronic form/as agreed with the PDMS Chief;
- By 12 November 2021 submit the training material (presentations, practical exercises, case studies and a training evaluation questionnaire) to the Chief of PDMS and in electronic form/as agreed with the PDMS Chief;
- From 15 to 19 November 2021, deliver the advanced training on organic explosives before and after the explosion area of organic explosives for 6 KAF experts;
- By 30 November 2021 submit to the Chief of PDMS the final consultancy report including assessment of the participants, the effectiveness of the training materials/methodology, recommendations for further action and the sustainability of the specialized training programme in the relevant area, etc.
- Final training plan, agenda, presentations, practical exercises, case studies and a training evaluation questionnaire submitted to the Chief of PDMS on time and according to the OSCE official templates;
- Training delivered as scheduled/planned in a requested format and to the satisfaction of the Chief of PDMS;
- Positive feedback from the training participants (training evaluation questionnaire);
- The completed pre-course evaluation test and the training evaluation questionnaire;
- The final consultancy report is submitted to the Chief of PDMS on time and of quality satisfactory to the Chief of PDMS.
- University degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, Law, Intelligence Studies, Political or Social Sciences or other similar vocational qualification relevant to the topic or graduated from a recognised police academy or police college;
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in the area of forensics explosives examination.
- At least five (5) years’ experience on conducting training in the security sector;
- Professional fluency in English;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and demonstrated gender sensitivity;
- Flexibility, adaptability and the ability to work under pressure and with limited periods.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://vacancies.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In line with yourqualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply