- Requisition ID: HUM00001B
- Contract Type: Short-term/Temporary Short-Term Monthly
- Grade: No grade
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Aug 10, 2021
- External Closing Date: Aug 30, 2021
- Target Start Date: Sep 15, 2021
- Job Type: Contracted
- Job Level: Senior Professional
- Employee Status: Short-Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (First-level university degree or equivalent
General Minimum Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working with the OSCE are:
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
The general minimum requirements for working in this field of expertise are:
- University education in human resources, personnel management, public/business administration, or related field or proven professional experience in personnel management and administration, including recruiting, contracting and entitlements administration
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Level of Professional Competence Requirements
Furthermore, this level of responsibility requires the following:
First level university degree in a relevant field
• Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience
Mission Specific Requirements
Additionally, this particular post has specific requirements:
- University degree in human resources, business administration, psychology, or related field;
- At least 6 years of previous experience in human resources, preferably with a focus on recruitment and planning;
- Very good understanding of human resources management practices in an international environment;
- Excellent presentation, writing and communication skills, as well as thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines, manage multiple tasks and process large amounts of information;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English;
- Ability and willingness to work as a team member and with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds while maintaining impartiality and objectivity with tact and diplomacy in dealing with both external persons and multinational staff;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities, and in particular into project management practices
- Second level university degree in Public or Business Administration, Management, Law, or a related field.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision from the Chief, Human Resources Management the incumbent will be performing the following tasks:
- Interpreting and applying the OSCE HR policies, OSCE Regulations and Rules of all staff categories in the Mission. Assisting and advising the Chief, Human Resources Management on matters relating to implementation of OSCE Human Resources policies. Assisting in drafting requests for exception from HR regulatory framework, when needed;
- Providing assistance to supervisors during the job description drafting phase, coordinating the classification process with OSCE Secretariat, explaining the results of job classification reviews and coordinating the implementation procedure of the classification results. Assuring that the Job Descriptions are factual and up-to date;
- Coordinating and managing the recruitment activities in the Mission. Making recommendations for ensuring that current and future human resources requirements are met in an effective and timely manner. Coordinating drafting of vacancy notices. Actively participating as panel member and secretary in the recruitment boards;
- Assuring that the recruitment files are timely updated and information are stored in manner that allows statistical overview and analysis;
- Ensuring maintenance of the staffing and post tables;
- Participating in workforce planning process, including recommendations for actions in terms of recruitment and restructuring. Adjusting priorities in recruitment and justifies such decisions vis-à-vis senior management;
- Analysing and evaluating requests from programme managers and staff taking into account the needs and the OSCE HR policies, the OSCE Regulations and Rules and recommending solutions, including creation of precedents with respect to sensitive cases;
- Planning, organizing and conducting training and briefing sections with regard to job classification system and standard recruitment procedures;
- Performing related duties as required, acting as an Officer in Charge during absences of the Chief Human Resources Management.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
Short term international contracted mission members temporarily appointed against a seconded post shall only be entitled to equivalent of the board and lodging allowance [BLA] applicable at the duty station concerned (currently 119 EUR per day).
Social Benefits will include possibility of participation in the CIGNA health insurance scheme.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states. Please note that nationals or permanent residents of the country of the duty station are not eligible to apply.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.