(Closing Date: December 10, 2021)
- Position: HOUSEKEEPER
- Open To: All interested candidates/ All sources
- Opening Date: November 29, 2021
- Closing Date: December 10, 2021
- Work Hours: Full time - 40 Hours per week
Work in the evening, on weekends, and holidays may be required.
- Salary: €1,000 per month
Note: The Housekeeper is employed by the U.S. Ambassador and is not employed by the U.S. Government. As such, the incumbent is not entitled to Embassy-specific or U.S. Government employment privileges.
The U.S. Ambassador in Pristina is seeking an employee for the position of Housekeeper to work at the Ambassador’s official residence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the Chief of Mission Residence (CMR) on a daily basis. The incumbent reports directly to the Ambassador, his spouse or anyone designated by the Ambassador to act on his behalf. He/she will take direction of daily duties from the Residence Manager/Chef.
The Housekeeper tasks include but are not limited to:
- Clean the Residence in a consistent and methodical manner, at an established frequency and standard of cleanliness.
- Make beds, clean and dust all rooms, hallways, and bathrooms;
- Periodically wash windows and clean closets;
- Care for and maintain clothing and linen at the residence: washing, drying, ironing and folding;
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and ensure that all machines are properly cared for;
- Prepare guest rooms when guests are expected;
- Maintain a list of cleaning supplies, equipment, and any related items needed to support the residence, and alert the Ambassador’s designee when additional supplies are needed;
- Monitor the need for repairs and maintenance in the residence and inform the Residence Manager;
- In the absence of the employer, answer the telephone and provide answers to general inquiries;
- As directed, prepare the dining room and other areas for events by setting the table with linens, silverware, crystal, china, fresh flowers and other appropriate décor;
- Assist the Chef with preparing and serving food at dinners, lunches, receptions, and other events.
- Meet and greet official guests at events;
- This position is available to Kosovo nationals or permanent legal residents as well as to other foreign nationals with permanent residence permits in Kosovo.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants are selected for appointment on the basis of education, experience, and suitability for the position to be filled.
- The selected applicant is subject to medical and security clearances.
Education: Completion of secondary school; professional job-related vocational training desired.
Work experience: Minimum of 3 years of professional household maintenance. Previous experience of working with foreign missions or expatriates in international organizations or in a customer service-oriented position, preferably in a hotel or restaurant.
Language proficiency: Level II (Limited knowledge) of English and Level III (Good working knowledge) of Albanian are required. Proficiency in Serbian is also desirable.
Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate should be able to manage the required responsibilities in a timely manner, must be knowledgeable in cleaning as well as in the use the of cleaning supplies and equipment, must be able to independently determine when and whether rooms, furniture, rugs, etc., need cleaning, and must have a positive work attitude, be highly organized, flexible and adaptable. The candidate must also be discrete.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The Employer provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae in English
- A copy of Kosovo ID/Passport or
- Permanent residence/work permit
Individuals interested in this position should submit their application materials by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.