The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture & Science and Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences. The scholarship is meant for international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA = the EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) who wish to pursue a Master’s degree in the Netherlands.
To be eligible for a Holland Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Never before have been enrolled at an educational institution in the Netherlands (if you only did an exchange programme in the Netherlands, this is no limitation);
- Have applied for an international master’s programme at Utrecht University with a start date of 1 September 2022. Not all programmes participate, please check the 'Tuition fees and financial support' information on the page of the Master's programme that you are interested in to see if the Holland Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
The scholarship amounts to € 5,000, € 10,000 or € 15,000. You will receive this in the first year of your studies, even if you are enrolled in a two year programme.
NUMBER OF SCHOLARSHIPS
22 scholarships are available for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2022 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed.
Your application will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic background as demonstrated in your application to the Master’s programme;
- Your motivation explaining the relevance of your time in the Netherlands and at Utrecht University to your future goals;
- The quality and feasibility of your financial plan by demonstrating you can cover the remaining costs by filling out the statement of financial resources;
HOW TO APPLY
After submitting an application (or applications) for a HS eligible Master’s programme, before the determined deadline, non-EU/EEA students have the option to submit an application for the Holland Scholarship from 1 November 2021.
You will see the HS application(s) in your Osiris Online Application account dashboard.
Click view/edit for the HS linked to the programme you wish to apply for, answer the questions and upload the requested documents.