- Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
- Requisition ID: ADM00000R
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Job Field: Administration & Support
- Grade: G2
- Job Level: General Services
- Job Type: Contracted
- Number of posts: 1
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Peje / Pec
- Posting Date: Oct 26, 2021
- Closing Date: Nov 23, 2021
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant (SAA) and general instructions from the transport Unit, the incumbent drives a motor vehicle to transport personnel, visitors, delegates, documents, goods and supplies. The Driver will be responsible for:
1. Driving vehicles for the transportation of goods and supplies, and personnel. Picking up and delivering materials and supplies as requested by different departments.
- Responsible for the loading and unloading of the goods and supplies transported;
- Driving a pool vehicle for the transportation of authorized personnel;
- Transporting non-OSCE Mission members as approved by Director of Regional Centre / HQ Transport Unit pursuant the completion of the General Release Form.
- Delivering and collecting mail, documents and other items as instructed by the supervisor;
2. Responsible for the maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- At the beginning of each working day, he/she will be conducting the daily inspection of the vehicle by checking oil, coolant, battery, brakes, tyres, lights, indicators, damages, equipment, etc;
- Referring all the findings to the SAA or HQ Transport Officer, asking for instructions;
- Performing minor repairs and sending the vehicle to the workshop for other repairs; certifying the repairs needed by the vehicle on the work order;
- Receiving the vehicle after repair, checking the technical status and certifying it on the work order;
- Ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
3. Recording and reporting the data referring to his/her activity and the use of the vehicle.
- Completing the daily Trip Ticket by recording all required data, such as driver’s name, passengers’ name and ID, destination, timing, mileage reading, fuel and oil consumption, etc;
- Every day at COB reporting to the supervisor (SAA), changing the Trip Ticket, getting instructions for the next day and leaving the keys of the vehicle in the office;
- Reporting to the SAA the start and end KM readings and all the tasks that he/she has undertaken;
- During a working day monitoring all the time Transport radio channel in the respective region and Movcon radio channel out of region. Answering to each radio call addressed to him/her;
4. Ensuring that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed in case of involvement in accident, or in case that the vehicle breaks down.
- Reporting immediately to Movcon any Accident/Incident in which he/she has been involved;
- Undertaking all the actions required by OSCE instructions for such cases.
5. When required acting as an interpreter for passengers in matters related to the transportation;
6. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Completed secondary education and holding Valid driving license B category
- Minimum of four years of driving experience, Clean Driving record
- Established skills in minor vehicle repair
- Good command of English language as well as Local languages
- Ability to work with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 671.17 Euro/month. Social benefits will include participation in the OSCE group medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund. Appointments are normally made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/
Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: Recruitment.OMiK@osce.org . Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in languages other than the English language would not be considered.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.