We are looking for an experienced Digital Media Manager to join Balkan service's team in Prishtina bureau. In this position you will manage RFE/RL’s DIGIM team in the bureau and provide editorial oversight of content produced by the team, ensuring that all content meets RFE/RL editorial standards. You will be responsible achieving engagement targets of followers on social networks and exploring new networks for further engagement. You will communicate directly with the RFE/RL’s Balkan Service audience on social networks and manages mobile alerts. You will also develop and form relationships with partners to increase distribution channels for RFE/RL’s Balkan Service products.
- Edits, and manages work of RFE/RL’s DIGIM team in the bureau
- Provides oversight of content produced by social media and web teams.
- Create and deliver social engineered products/apps and campaigns, as well as integrate social media within RFE/RL platforms (mobile, web, second screens) and across social media platforms.
- Communicate directly with audience on social media platforms and mobile in an engaging but professional manner that shows strong understanding of our editorial content.
- Posting original content directly to social media sites
- Create audience loyalty and grow audience through engagement on social media and mobile platforms.
- Managing and forming relationships with paid and unpaid partners to create new distribution and engagement channels.
- Help manage online brand and product campaigns.
- Develop and create advertising campaigns on multiple advertising platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment; or experience living and working abroad, preferably in relevant RFE/RL target regions.
- Excellent writing in a news environment and demonstrated ability to work with social and digital media to both find content and disseminate it.
- Knowledge of tools such as TweetDeck and Hootsuite to manage multiple social networks.
- Thorough understanding of how people consume and engage with news on mobile platforms.
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure.
- Excellent teamwork and the ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and projects simultaneously and work under deadlines.
- Albanian language at native level
- Written and oral English, desirable
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Candidates for these positions must reside within commuting distance of the specified city, or be willing to relocate there at their own expense. Salaries for employees in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are competitive, based on prevailing local conditions. Employee benefits in RFE/RL's broadcast regions are in accordance with the local labor law specific to the country.
Note: In response to changing operational requirements, RFE/RL retains the discretion not to make an appointment, or to modify the job specifications for a particular vacancy.