- Requisition ID: FIN00000C
- Contract Type: Fixed-Term
- Grade: P4
- Location: OSCE Mission in Kosovo, Prishtine / Pristina
- Posting Date: Aug 19, 2021
- External Closing Date: Sep 16, 2021
- Target Start Date: Oct 4, 2021
- Job Type: Contracted
- Job Level: Senior Professional
- Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Schedule: Full-time
- Education Level: Master's Degree (Second-level university degree or equivalent)
OSCE missions and field activities are the front line of OSCE work in countries that require assistance and are the agent through which political decisions are translated into action. The OSCE Mission in Kosovo (OMiK) was established by the OSCE Permanent Council on 1 July 1999. As a distinct component of the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo (UNMIK), it is mandated with institution- and democracy-building and promoting human rights and the rule of law.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head, Administration and Finance, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
- Identifying the financial requirements of the mission and maintaining efficient financial services (treasury, accounting and budget operations) in co-operation with senior financial management at the OSCE Secretariat and in line with established policies and procedures;
- Providing leadership to and co-ordinating all important aspects of work of the Financial Management Division (budget formulation, adjustment, implementation and control; post table management; payroll function; cash flow and cash management; payment and accounting operations; financial reporting) in line with established policies and procedures;
- Guiding senior management through all phases of the performance based programme budget cycle to achieve efficient programme implementation;
- Planning, developing, reviewing and approving or proposing for approval financial management concepts and internal control procedures;
- Reviewing existing policies related to financial management and developing and proposing policies adapted to the specific needs of the mission;
- Implementing the provisions of the Financial Instructions and Regulations in all standard financial operations; establishing a mechanism to measure cost-efficiency of operations;
- Co-ordinating issues relating to integrated financial management systems with the respective work units in the mission and the OSCE Secretariat;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see: http://www.osce.org/mission-in-kosovo
- Second Level university degree in accounting and finance, business administration, management or a related field;
- A minimum of eight years of progressively responsible professional experience at the operational and senior management/policy-making levels, part of which should have been acquired in an international organization or a mission environment;
- Thorough understanding of financial management principles and practices as well as organizational and general management concepts;
- Ability to provide leadership and to motivate staff; plan and schedule work carried out by organizational units responsible for diverse financial operations;
- Professional fluency in English with excellent communication and drafting skills; knowledge of other OSCE working languages would be an asset;
- Computer literate, familiarity with word-processing and spreadsheet applications, financial management software and results-based programme budgeting; knowledge of an ERP system (such as Oracle) would be an asset;
- Valid driver's licence and ability to drive standard mission vehicles using manual transmission;
- Gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Monthly remuneration subject to social security deductions is about US$ 6,126 to which is added Board and Lodging Allowance (currently EUR 119 per day subject to change without prior notice). Social benefits will include possibility of participation in the Vanbreda medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
Appointments are always made at step 1 of the applicable OSCE salary scale. At the discretion of the appointing authority a higher step may be approved up to a maximum of step 3 subject to specific conditions.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://jobs.osce.org/vacancies.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
The OSCE is a non-career organization committed to the principle of staff rotation, therefore the maximum period of service in this post is 7 years.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.