As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. Working under difficult conditions, GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis.
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH,
Project “Fit for Jobs” is searching for following:
CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
for supporting the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Innovation in developing the concept for career guidance in lower-secondary education level – Career Guidance Expert
SHORT PROGRAMME DESCRIPTION:
The German Government through Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH project Fit for Jobs aims to increase employment of Kosovar youth by improving the quality of vocational training and job search services as well as a stronger orientation in the labour market. The project operates in four field of actions that include: Facilitating the transition from lower secondary schools to vocational education and training; Promoting the systemic involvement of the private sector in vocational education and training; Anchoring the labor market orientation of (vocational) education in the respective reform policies and strategies; Improving the transition from vocational education or unemployment to the labour market. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has supported the Ministry of Education, Science, Technology, and Innovation (MESTI) over the past years in developing and revising different policies, laws and sub legal acts that regulates different aspects of the of education system in Kosovo.
In agreement with MESTI, the focus of this consultancy will be to support MESTI on developing the concept for an innovative and sustainable career guidance model to be introduced in lower-secondary education and linking it with existing career orientation in upper secondary education and labor market. The developed concept will serve as a policy document for introducing and implementing career orientation models in the education system.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Analyse the legal framework in Kosovo (laws, strategies, administrative instructions) regarding career guidance
- Conduct interviews and collect data from relevant stakeholders to understand closely the situation of education system regarding the career guidance
- Coordinate with projects, donors, and consultants working with MESTI on career guidance in lower-secondary and upper-secondary level
- Support the development of the concept for career guidance model for lower-secondary level applicable to Kosovo in cooperation with an international expert
The contracted local consultant will have to organize and implement the above-mentioned tasks in the period from November 2021 – March 2022.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
- At least a University degree in the field of social sciences, preferably psychology, sociology, or education
- At least 5 years of experience in working in career guidance field
- Experience with conducting analytical studies
- Publication of articles or papers in career guidance field is an advantage
- Ability to interface with partners from different levels e.g., central, local, school level
- Very good command of spoken and written Albanian, and English skills.
The applying consultant needs to submit proof of experience in the field of career guidance. A complete application therefore should contain:
- At least 2 Reference Letters.
- Publications on Career Guidance (if available)
Interested candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English language to the deadline for submitting the application is 23.11.2021 at 15:00, via email at: XK_Quotation@giz.de titled/labeled as “Career Guidance Expert - 83396695”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified!