As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives. It provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social development in a globalised world. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. For more information see: www.giz.de
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, project German Information Centre for Migration, Vocational Training and Career (DIMAK) is seeking to fill the position of:
Reintegration Development Services
The overall purpose of the post
The German Information Centre for Migration, Vocational Training and Career (DIMAK) operates under the Global Programmes “Programme Migration for Development - PME” and “Programme Migration and Diaspora - PMD”, commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The overarching objective of the project is to strengthen the development-relevant contributions of returnees in their countries of origin and improve the framework conditions for legal migration in selected partner countries.
The overall purpose of the project is to provide tailored advice and information on training and employment options, organizes job and career fairs, information events and application trainings. In addition to advice, interested people are also placed into a range of courses, vocational training measures and are provided psychosocial support services to improve preconditions for their reintegration and access to the labour market.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The advisor will be responsible for:
- Development and implementation of actions and measures of return and reintegration, employment, and cooperation with the private sector
- Development of project action plans, ToRs, project manuals, project activities and the synchronization of activities between the projects and the government counterparts
- Researches compile and make available relevant information related to employment, return and reintegration
- Supports the team and the partner institutions on the preparation, implementation and documentation of trainings, workshops, forums, job fairs, project initiatives, team meetings and other project activities
- Coordinates project/programme initiatives (including regional initiatives) to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups
- Developing economic reintegration measures (e.g. wage subsidy, seasonal work and similar) in cooperation with partner institutions and other stakeholders
- Providing support to reintegration and employment advisors on advisory services, strategic development and implementation of capacity-building measures.
Required qualifications, competencies, and experience
- Master’s degree in economics, social science and any other related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in international development organization/government institutions
- Familiarity with relevant stakeholders in the field of migration, employment and employment promotion in Kosovo is an asset.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good knowledge of English; working knowledge of German language is an added value
- Strong advisory, analytical, networking, interpersonal, communication, and organisational skills
- Experiences in digital community management
- Knowledge of GIZ and BMZ processes, tools and approaches, e.g. regarding commission management, procurement procedures, and current developments are an advantage
- Interest and active engagement in the company’s / country office’s structures beyond the own project (e.g., involvement in sector networks; working groups) is highly appreciated
- Digital literacy, including skilled usage of Microsoft Teams, is a precondition
- Integrity, flexibility and motivation are important traits for this and other positions in this project.
Location: GIZ Office Pristina
Expected start date: August 2021
How to apply?
Interested and, suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit their electronic application in English, in PDF version, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CV (Europass template is recommended)
- Letter of motivation
- Diploma(s), references/recommendations
- Subject of the email: Name & Surname – Advisor Reintegration Development Services – DIMAK
Applications that do not meet these rules will not be considered!
Deadline for the application: 17 June 2021
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited to the next stage of recruitment.
GIZ encourages female candidates, candidates from ethnic communities as well as candidates with disability to apply.