Job no: 544511
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
Title of Consultancy: Admin Consultant
Type of engagement: Full time Consultant
Duty Station: Prishtina / Office Based
Requesting Section/Issuing Office: Social Policy/C4D
Consultant sourcing: National
Start Date: 1 October 2021
End Date: 15 September 2022
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
With the continuous rise of COVID-19 positive cases in Kosovo coupled with low COVID-19 vaccination rates, there are evident signs of pandemic fatigue or demotivation to follow recommended protective practices, emerging gradually over time and affected by a number of emotions, experiences and perceptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response to this, UNICEF intends to support the development of evidence-based communication and community engagement interventions to promote and maintain key preventive practices for COVID-19 and ensure the acceptance and uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine. To enable development and implementation of these activities that will be aligned with the COVID-19 National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NDVP), UNICEF will support the creation of a Communication Hub that will rally a team of professionals with specialized expertise in strategic communications, social media, behavioral and social sciences as well as monitoring and evaluation. The Communication Hub will bring together insights from social media listening and other data collection methods from the field, process and analyze them, and develop tailored evidence-based communication campaigns and outreach activities.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the UNICEF C4D Officer, the Admin Consultant will be responsible for supporting the project activities starting from administrative and logistics tasks, data collection activities and regular field monitoring of the activities. The Admin Consultant will be responsible for drafting and sending invitations and agendas, contacting partners, organizing logistics for workshops and meetings.
The Consultant will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Communication Hub in the implementation of all the activities of the project
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the project
- Conduct M&E activities such as field visits and prepare reports and recommendations for better implementation and quality assurance purposes
- Collect and analyse background information in preparation of the project reports
- Supervise implementation of activities by sub-contractors of the project through regular site visits
- Organize regular internal/external meetings, workshops, and any other related events for the project.
- Provide support to the Team Leader in recruitment, supervision, and management of sub-contractors and service providers
- Provide translation services as needed
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Supervisor.
Work Assignment Overview
Tasks/Milestone: Provide administrative and logistics support to the project
Deliverables/Outputs: All administrative and logistic needs and processes implemented in timely and qualitative manner
Timeline: October 2020-September 2021
Tasks/Milestone: Carry out regular field visit for monitoring implementation of project activities
Deliverables/Outputs: Field monitoring reports with recommendations for better implementation and quality assurance developed.
Timeline: November 2021-September 2022
Tasks/Milestone: Support organizing of regular internal/external meetings, workshops, and any other related events for the project
Deliverables/Outputs: Internal/external meetings, workshops, and any other related events for the project organized successfully
Timeline: October 2021-September 2022
Tasks/Milestone: Provide support to the Team Leader in recruitment, supervision, and management of sub-contractors and service providers
Deliverables/Outputs: Admin support for recruitment, supervision, and management of sub-contractors and service providers provided n regular basis
Timeline: November 2021-September 2022
Minimum Qualifications required:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, management, finances, communication, or any other related field.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Albanian and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is considered as an asset.
- At least 4-year responsible administrative or project experience is required
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience in field monitoring and reporting
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships
Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Applying technical expertise
- Follows instructions and procedure
Advertised: 10 Sep 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: 19 Sep 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time