“Transport Experts with international experience within transport sub-sectors (roads, rail, urban transport, air and waterborne transport sectors)”
We are looking to expand our pool of independent consultants to complement our in-house expertise in the following transport sub-sectors:
- Roads sector: roads; motorways; bridges; tunnels; urban roads; road bypasses;
- Rail sector: conventional railways; high speed railways; railway infrastructure (track, rehabilitation); railway signaling; rolling stock;
- Urban transport sector: metro; light rail/suburban rail; tramways; bus/trolleybus; metro/tram infrastructure (track, tunnels); metro/LRT signalling systems;
- Air sector: airports (infrastructure and operations); air traffic management; airlines; aerospace industry (including spacecraft);
- Waterborne transport sector: ports (infrastructure and operations) and maritime transport; inland waterways and ports; shipping and maritime industry (including shipyards); logistic platforms.
International Transport Experts
We have a multi-year Framework Contract (FWC) for providing advisory services in the transport sector to one of our main clients. As part of this FWC, we receive 2-3 calls per month for assignments worldwide within all 5 transport subsectors. These calls are to support our client on the preparation of infrastructure projects throughout its countries of operations inside and outside the European Union. These may be to support the preparation and review of the complete project documentation (i.e. among others, technical feasibility including option analysis, traffic analysis and forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, environmental and social impact assessment, climate risk and vulnerability assessment, operational and institutional viability, and procurement strategy) or implementation (e.g. preparation and review of detailed designs and tender documents). Also, the support may refer to other areas that are necessary for the preparation for funding and feasibility studies (e.g. sector strategies, master plans, national tariffs, unit cost studies, etc.).
You and your qualifications
We are now looking for junior and senior experts with the following qualifications:
- Master degree (minimum) in engineering, economics, law or similar with special focus on the transport sector;
- Previous experience (minimum 5 years for Junior and 10 years for Senior consultants) in at least one of the transport sub-sectors;
- Previous experience (minimum 5 years for Junior and 10 years for Senior consultants) in at least one of the following horizontal expertise:
- PPP project and transaction advisory support: e.g. upstream PPP project support, including assessment of the PPP option, project preparation (i.e. technical, financial, environmental, social and legal aspects of the project), risk allocation, affordability, market interest and bankability as well as identification of the most appropriate model to optimise the use of available funds for the project, including the use of blending with EU grants or EU financial instruments.
- Preparation, implementation and evaluation of transport projects: e.g. preparation and evaluation of demand and option analysis, cost-benefit analysis, institutional viability, procurement strategy, national transport policy, strategy and/or plans;
- Capacity building, knowledge creation and dissemination: e.g. capacity building and training needs assessments, delivery of training modules and programmes, guidance documents and other training material, event organisation, institutional strengthening;
- Provision of advice on regulatory matters: e.g. advising on state aid aspects, strategic environmental assessment, EU funds regulations affecting infrastructure projects and competition issues (i.e. State-aid issues, preparation of notifications, etc.);
- Previous international experience with EU financial institutions and donors particularly in European Neighborhood countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, Tunisia, Ukraine) and pre-accession countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, and Turkey) but also from around the world Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Fluent command of English is a must;
Please send your CV no later than 31-05-2019.