Team Lead, Youth Mobilization, Kosovo - Up to Youth
Post End Date 6/14/2019
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Team Lead for the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity, which will address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. Over the five-year period, the Activity will work in selected target areas throughout Kosovo to mobilize youth to be forces for positive change, develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth and, develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
The Youth Mobilization Team Lead is responsible for leading the overall activity outreach and engagement activities. He/She is responsible for developing strategies and tools to increase the engagement of the targeted communities, lead the recruitment process of the target participants, oversee and coordinate with staff implementing activities in the selected communities. Primary job responsibilities include:
- Work directly in the design, management, and implementation of youth interventions for the
- Work to connect internal and external stakeholders for information exchange, program development, and ensuring the overall quality and impact of youth programming.
- Ensure strong and coordinated communication and information sharing processes between staff in the field.
- Develop strategies and tools to increase the engagement of the targeted communities and participants.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in social studies, business, international development, or a related field.
- At least three years' technical experience in donor-funded youth programs.
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing development projects focused on youth and community resilience, economic empowerment, preferably in the Balkans.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advance complex, politically sensitive activities.
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with partner and government representatives, donors and other stakeholders.
- Experience with adaptive management approaches.
- Fluency in English and Albanian or other local language required.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.