EMPOWER Private Sector
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking a Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) Assistant for USAID-funded EMPOWER Private Sector activity (“EMPOWER” or “Project”). EMPOWER is designed to increase competitiveness in growth-ready sectors and facilitate inclusive private sector job creation.
EMPOWER’s Strategic Activities Fund (SAF) is the Project’s primary mechanism for providing financial support to the many competitiveness and job-creation activities that the project implements. The SAF Assistant has primary responsibility to provide daily support to the SAF Manager. The SAF Assistant will assist the SAF Manager in ensuring that all procurements and grants are provided and handled in full compliance with applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations and other USAID rules contained in relevant Automated Directives System documents, and in compliance with EMPOWER’s Procurement Operations Manual and Grants Manual. The position helps maintain complete files of all documents, evidencing compliance with these rules, regulations, and procedures.
The position reports to the SAF Manager.
Tasks of the SAF Assistant are:
- Organize and file all completed documentary records on all grants and procurements as required by SAF Manager;
- Keep records of all grants disbursed;
- Serve as a support for SAF Manager on maintaining a database with comprehensive and detailed information on every individual procurement and grant;
- Serve as help for SAF Manager on advising technical staff on closure procedures for all SAF grants;
- Organize and maintain electronic and paper files of grant documents;
- Records receipt of grantee reports in grants database;
- Produce reports, including grant activity reports, grant disbursement reports, and other reports, as needed for senior management and program teams;
- Support SAF Manager with administrative tasks related to compliance, generating grant documents and ensuring grants closure is compliant with donor and organizations requirements;
- Field visits to the grant beneficiaries, as required;
- Other tasks as required by SAF Manager and senior management.
Deliverables, Outputs, and Outcomes
Outputs and deliverables for this position are:
- Comprehensive and well-organized grants files and documentation for all grants, including procurements with all requirements of the Operations Manual, Grants Manual, and all USAID requirements;
- Well-maintained detailed database of all procurements and grants;
- Grant activity reports and other ad hoc reports as required for grants and procurements.
Capacities Required for Position
The following are the key minimum capabilities required for the proper execution of the above scope of work:
- Relevant academic degree;
- Relevant experience working with international organizations in a similar position;
- Prior experience with grants management considered an advantage;
- Understanding of USAID rules and regulations;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to provide qualitative work with attention to detail;
- Advanced skills in using Microsoft Office applications, with a focus on Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
To apply, please send CV to: [email protected]
The application deadline is Sunday, June 2, 2019.
No telephone calls, please. Finalists only will be contacted.