FHI 360’s Civil Society and Peacebuilding (CSPB) Department supports citizens to mobilize effectively to influence policy, improve lives, and build peace. CSPB works with civil society to increase its credibility, visibility and effectiveness by building its capacity to:
• Promote peaceful solutions to conflict and support peace negotiations.
• Engage with local government to increase its responsiveness to citizen needs;
• Solve community problems, engage youth in civic affairs, and provide needed services to citizens;
• Advocate for social justice, democratic reforms, human rights, and effective policies; and
• Produce media, including online, radio, and television content, to promote social dialogue and tolerance
We seek qualified candidates for the position of Project Director (PD) based in Pristina, Kosovo to lead the United Kingdom’s, Conflict, Security, and Sustainability Fund (CSSF) activity entitled Strengthening Positive Peace in Kosovo and Serbia (SPPKS). SPPKS will be implemented from 2019 to 2022. The overall goal of SPPKS is to improve the social and civic environment in Kosovo and Serbia through creating lasting attitudinal change in support of constituencies for peace.
The Project Director will be responsible for providing overall vision, leadership and guidance of the project. The PD will be the project’s senior supervisor in Kosovo and will oversee all aspects of program performance, both technical and managerial. Under the supervision of the Home Office, the PD will serve as the project’s principal contact point for CSSF and will also be the project’s main contact for political stakeholders and civil society. The PD will supervise the recruitment, hiring, and supervision of all local staff and consultants. S/he will have overall responsibility in the areas of operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, and financial accounting.
- Leading the project’s team and serving as the primary point of contact with the funding authority and FHI 360 home offices regarding the day-to-day activity implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Ensure the activity is coordinated and implemented in an effective and cohesive manner;
- Manage the preparation and presentation of work plans, M&E plans, and all reports to the donor.
- Serve as the primary interlocutor with CSSF;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for information on the progress and status of all activities under the project.
- Liaise with other donor-funded programs supporting media and cross-border relations to ensure complementarity and to avoid duplication; and
- Liaise with other relevant donor funded programs to ensure coordination and effective and efficient use of all donor resources.
- Master’s degree in international development, international relations, political science, law, public administration, conflict management or other related field.
- 15 years of relevant professional and progressive experience in managing development assistance, including field experience in governance reforms, political advocacy, peacebuilding/conflict, behavioral change, and civil society programs.
- Proven record of excellent management, leadership, and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and navigate politically sensitive terrain;
- Familiarity with FCO/DFID programming, rules and regulations; experience in managing UK or EU funded programs in Kosovo, Serbia and/or the Balkans is desired.
- Extensive networks within Kosovo/Serbia civic, political, and media sectors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluent in Albanian or Serbian; preferred fluent in all three.
Citizens and residents of Kosovo, Serbia, and the Balkan region are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to funder approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.