Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Procurement/IT Manager for the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity, which will address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. Over the five-year period, the Activity will work in selected target areas throughout Kosovo to mobilize youth to be forces for positive change, develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth and, develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
Based in Pristina, the Procurement/IT Manager will be responsible for establishing, designing, and overseeing systems for the management of subcontracts, and procurement under the program and providing overall information technology support to all program staff. More specifically, the Procurement/IT Manager will:
- Prepare procurement plans for the project, establish deadlines and monitor their implementation;
- Establish and implement proper monitoring systems and controls for procurement processes, including the organization of RFQs and RFPs, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, and negotiation of certain conditions in full compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
- Negotiate with contractors on price, mode of shipping, and delivery time;
- Design and implement internal control systems which ensure that Purchase Orders (PO) are duly prepared and dispatched;
- Take timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems;
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with USAID rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of all contracts and procurements;
- Ensure that all necessary tendering is completed in an open and transparent fashion;
- Design an effective client-oriented procurement management system;
- Develop and implement cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Develop and implement strategic procurement in the project including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, etc.;
- Collaborate with Headquarters IT Services to ensure efficient operation of computing environment;
- Provides support/guidance on the maintenance, repair, and procurement of hardware and software devices for the office;
- Help with the daily IT needs of the main office; and
- Provide staff with basic training on the use of any new software or technology device adopted by the office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Substantial experience with USAID-supported projects and knowledge of USAID financial regulations and procurement procedures.
- Strong familiarity with ICT and ability to provide training and support for office IT needs.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to act independently to identify and analyze problems and recommend cost-effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with team-oriented approach to work, preferably in a multi-cultural setting.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Management, Procurement, Supply Chain or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, at least 3 of which must be relevant procurement experience.
- Fluency in English and Albanian or other local language required.
How To Apply
- Please, send your applications with CVs and cover letters to the following address [email protected]
- Please state “Last Name, First Name – Job Title” in the subject line of your email.