Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Coordinator for the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity, which will address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. Over the five-year period, the Activity will work in selected target areas throughout Kosovo to mobilize youth to be forces for positive change, develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth and, develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
Based in Pristina, the MEL Coordinator will be responsible for providing day-to-day oversight of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities, including supervising data collection activities by Project Officers. More specifically, the MEL Coordinator will:
- Assist the MEL Manager in reviewing the MEL plan during the MEL Annual Reviews, updating it as needed;
- Support the MEL Manager in developing Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS) and Content Indicator Reference Sheets (CIRS) to provide precise definitions, annual targets, disaggregation, data sources, methods of calculation, frequency, schedule of data collection, and quality assurance plans;
- Support the MEL Manager and the Project Officers in establishing and effectively rolling out data capture tools and procedures to enable accurate and timely monitoring and reporting on all project indicators;
- Work with the MEL Manager to review all indicators and develop a plan to determine the level of measurement and data quality that is achievable;
- Supervise Project Officers in collecting quantitative and qualitative data for the program;
- Identify any errors, inconsistencies and gaps in data collection for each indicator tracked and direct Project Officers to make corrections, as needed;
- Assist in developing and applying different MEL methods (including monitoring systems, tools for data collection and analysis, evaluations and participatory reviews) and systems for using learning in program decision-making to improve impact;
- Support USAID in conducting Data Quality Assessments;
- Use CommCare to track the progress made to activities and outcomes;
- Review information collected through the monitoring process;
- Work with the MEL Manager and the Project Officers to find ways to enhance learning from and between partner program evaluations and promote monitoring, evaluation and learning systems;
- Collaborate with partners and stakeholders to implement and maintain monitoring, evaluation and learning efforts;
- Assist the MEL Manager in preparing drafts of Terms of Reference, project deliverables and other additional technical components of any solicitations for MEL-related contract/sub-agreements;
- Assist in implementing Global Communities MEL framework, which will inform the overall Learning Agenda and program performance; and
- Oversee MEL operations in the absence of the MEL Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with software including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with statistical packages (i.e. SPSS or STATA) preferred.
- Experience with data management systems and tools, including CommCare, preferred.
- Strong writing and public presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with team-oriented approach to work, preferably in a multi-cultural setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience with commensurate responsibility (preferably with an INGO or development agency).
- Fluency in English and Albanian or other local language required.
How To Apply
- Please, send your applications with CVs and cover letters to the following address [email protected]
- Please state “Last Name, First Name – Job Title” in the subject line of your email.