Issued by: SCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSC02173
Vacancy type: Experts/Consultants
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 15 May 2019
Deadline for application: 29 May 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 20 June 2019
Under its project “Assembly of Kosovo competency building”, supported by the Embassy of Norway, the Governance Section (GS) seeks to strengthen the legislative and oversight functions of the Assembly of Kosovo (AoK). The project foresees the provision of advisory support and assistance to AoK in order to ease the workload of administration staff and increase the quality of background documents delivered to elected representatives.
The main objective is to support the AoK to better perform its legislative and oversight functions.
The duration of consultancy is 120 working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the local strategic investment advisor will be responsible for the provision of support and advice in the field of strategic investment planning. The advisor will report directly to the Project Manager.
The tasks of the local strategic investment advisor will be to:
- Provide advisory support to AoK deputies to review legislation relating to strategic investment planning
- Analyse investment projects with strategic impact on the development of Kosovo and provide support to AoK support staff and deputies with the follow-up activities
- Provide assistance to AoK support staff to improve the quality of delivered documents to deputies
- Support the relevant AoK bodies in the organization of legislative and oversight activities relating to strategic investment planning
- Support the AoK relevant bodies to further strengthen the relationship with the line Ministries
- Support the Project Manager in the implementation of all project-related activities.
- Monthly reports covering the major tasks performed in the respective month
- Final report.
- Effective and efficient communication with the beneficiaries
- Flexible on possible new instructions from the Project Manager
- Timely submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen with this TORs.
- First-level university degree in Business and Administration, International Relations or any other related field. Master’s degree is an asset
- At least five years of relevant professional experience, preferably working on the projects related to strategic investments. Experience in projects involving international presence is an advantage
- Knowledge of the respective legislation concerning strategic investments in Kosovo
- Knowledge of Assembly of Kosovo’s procedures is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities
- Command of Windows software, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to keep strict deadlines and deal with several activities simultaneously
- Fluent in Albanian and English, knowledge of Serbian or any other language is an asset
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/.Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: [email protected]. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.