Issued by: OSCE Mission in Kosovo
Vacancy number: VNKOSC02172
Vacancy type: Experts/Consultants
Number of posts: 1
Duty station: Prishtine / Pristina
Date of issue: 15 May 2019
Deadline for application: 29 May 2019 - 23:59 Central European Time (CET/CEST)
Date of entry on duty: 20 June 2019
Under its project “Assembly of Kosovo competency building”, supported by the Embassy of Norway, the Governance Section (GS) seeks to strengthen the legislative and oversight functions of the Assembly of Kosovo (AoK). As the Directory for the Support to Parliamentary Committees (DSPC) and the Directory of Legal Standardization, Alignment and Harmonization (DLSAH) are one of the most important offices under the Office of Secretary General of the AoK, the project aims to support them to standardize the process of drafting the law amendments at the committee level.
The main objective is to support the DSPC and DLSAH to standardize the law amendment-drafting process at the committee level.
The duration of consultancy is 120 working days.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Project Manager, the local senior legal expert will be working closely with the Informal Working Group (IWG), to be established by the Secretary General, to analyse the current practices in the amendment-drafting procedure and facilitate the drafting process of the new guidelines. The expert will report directly to the Project Manager.
The tasks of the local senior legal expert will be to:
- Provide legal support to DSPC and DLSAH in the process of analysing the current practices in the law amendment-drafting process at the committee level
- Prepare an assessment report following the completion of the interviewing round of all committee co-ordinators on current amendatory practices in the AoK
- Support the Project Manager in organizing the exchange of best practices with the EU country which is recognized as an example of international best practice in the amendatory process
- Support the DSPC and DLSAH to draft guidelines to standardize the law amendment-drafting process in the AoK
- Prepare, organize and deliver one-day training targeting all committee co-ordinators and the AoK legal officers on the new guidelines
- Provide legal and technical support to three selected committees to implement the new guidelines
- Provide technical support to the Secretary General for preparing the IWG meetings.
- Assessment report
- Guidelines to standardize the process of drafting the law amendments at the committee level
- One-day training for all committee co-ordinators delivered, including agenda, training material, training report
- Brief report covering implementation of the new guidelines by three selected committees
- Monthly reports covering the major tasks performed in the respective month
- Final report.
- Effective and efficient regular communication with the beneficiaries
- Flexible on possible new instructions from the Project Manager
- Timely submission of all the deliverables and other products that are foreseen with this TORs, according to the timelines mentioned above.
- First-level university degree in Law. Master degree in Law is an asset
- At least seven years of relevant professional experience, preferably in drafting of legal documents, amendments and comments
- Knowledge of Assembly of Kosovo’s legal procedures is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to deal effectively with changing priorities
- Command of Windows software, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to keep strict deadlines and deal with several activities simultaneously
- Fluent in Albanian and English. Knowledge of Serbian is an asset.
Remuneration will depend on the qualifications and experience of individual experts as well as the detailed work plan to be agreed upon and will be based on the current OSCE consultancy rates.
How To Apply
In order to apply for this position you must complete the OSCE's online application form, found under https://jobs.osce.org/. Applicants are encouraged to use the online recruitment and only fully completed OSCE applications will be accepted. However, if you have technical difficulties with the system you may use the offline application form found under https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/offline-application-form and forward the completed form quoting the vacancy number by e-mail to: [email protected]. In line with your qualifications please indicate preference to one or more field of expertise listed above (while using the online application the field of expertise preference can be indicated in the cover letter part). Kindly note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language would not be considered. The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.