Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Contract - Part-Time
Closing date: Monday 20 May 2019
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Local Expert Consultant
- 1. Background
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Its vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Its mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
- 2. Purpose & timeline
Save the Children in Kosova/o (SCIK) as part of its project “Support to better social services for the most vulnerable groups” financed by European Union Office in Kosovo and co-financed by Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency is seeking for a Local Expert Consultant to support the Working Group for the Financing Formula and Specific Grant for Social Services for Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare.
For more information, please see full Terms of Reference https://kosovo.savethechildren.net/news/terms-reference-local-expert-ekspert-vendor-lokalni-ekspert
The consultancy must be completed between May 20th and July 30th, 2019, for a total of up to 30 working days.
- 3. Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- Bachelor Degree in the field of social sciences (finance, economics, management, public policy, local/central governance, human rights, etc.). Master’s degree in one of these fields would be an asset.
- Proven experience in the field of social and family services (at least ten years);
- Proven experience in drafting documents of similar field and complexity;
- Analytical skills to understand and explain complicated ideas and problems in a simple and understandable language;
- Expertise in researching and analyzing local and regional legislation, and their impact on similar issues;
- Expertise in drafting strategic plans and/or strategic priorities in the legal and administrative fields in the context of the Republic of Kosovo;
- Ability to produce high quality products on time;
- Excellent command of English and Albanian (written/spoken). Serbian would be an asset;
- Ability to make visual presentation of data (including tables and similar graphics) for easier understanding purposes;
- Ability to produce well-written reports, in reader-friendly format, demonstrating excellent analytical and communication skills.
- 4. How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their application including the below documents no later than 20.05.2019 at 16:00h to [email protected] with the subject “EU SS – Concept Paper”:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A cover letter with a maximum of two pages outlining your interest to carry out the work as described
in this TOR.
- Examples of previous work on similar complicity;
- Financial Offer in EUR gross amount (before any legal deductions) for performing the work according
to the days and a dynamic plan.