PECB University is interested in hiring a part-time contractor as a Lecturer of Project Management course. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in an international environment for a global organization. PECB University will offer MBA programs and graduate certificates which will be delivered globally in distance learning format. As such, the candidate will have the opportunity to manage the course and supervise worldwide students from the commodity of their location, delivering lectures through internet.
PECB University is a private academic institution, licensed by the Higher Education Licensure Commission (HELC), Washington DC, offering MBA degrees and Graduate Certificates; targeting candidates eager to advance their academic knowledge, practical skills, and career prospects through the pursuance of a well-organized curriculum, collaborative approach, and innovative-based learning in Business Continuity, Information Security Management, Information Technology Service Management, Quality Management, Risk Management. The objective of PECB University is to provide high-quality graduate level education and comprehensive services that inspire continual improvement, demonstrate recognition and benefit an organization, a community, a state, or the society as a whole.
II. Job Purpose
The Lecturer of Project Management will be responsible for researching and developing the graduate course as defined in PECB University program, as well as for mentoring and evaluating graduate program thesis.
III. Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaching graduate students at the predetermined weekly lecture schedules;
• Developing and managing the class syllabus and ensuring that the syllabus meets university and accreditation standards;
• Professionally planning and creating lectures, and assignments; focusing on innovation, interactivity and student stimulation.
• Utilizing modern and practical study tools to make the lecture compelling and attractive for distance-learning students;
• Grading assigned papers, quizzes, and exams;
• Assessing grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments, and examinations;
• Collaborating with colleagues on course curriculum;
• Hold office hours for students, and respond to students and administration inquiries in a timely manner
• Advising students on how to be successful;
• Mentoring and evaluating student theses;
• Perform other duties as assigned by PECB’s Department of Academic Affairs.
• Must have a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or pursuing doctoral (Ph.D.) studies in Project Management, Operations Management, Quality Assurance, Management or related fields;
• Must have professional proficiency in written and spoken English;
• Be a clear communicator, meaning that ideas, concepts and topics are effectively communicated to students through online platforms;
• Should be technologically savvy: be able to utilize online resources such as the MS Office package, internet resources such as email, different online learning systems and other ways to communicate with students, so as to deal with online lecture delivery smoothly and professionally;
• Be able to teach with ample real-world experience;
• Be able to show confidence and sensitivity teaching and presenting to a highly diverse class of students;
• Be punctual and respectful towards deadlines and submission dates
• Be passionate about specific academic fields and education in general.
V. Job Type: Part-time Contractor
Job location: Flexible: Internet connection required
To apply, please send your updated CV with supportive documents before May 20th, 2019 at [email protected] Please write job title on email subject.
Resumes sent via other means will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.