Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking a HR/Administration Specialist for the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity, which will address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. Over the five-year period, the Activity will work in selected target areas throughout Kosovo to mobilize youth to be forces for positive change, develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth and, develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
Based in Pristina, the HR/Administration Specialist will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of administration, HR management, general support, and logistics for the program. More specifically, the HR/Administration Specialist will:
- Maintain the program’s employee manual, , and manage personnel files;
- Develop, organize and follow hiring practices in accordance with local labor laws and in coordination with relevant supervisors;
- Assist in the entire process of the hiring, probation, evaluation, promotion and termination of staff;
- Ensure that all employees have accurate job descriptions and work with relevant supervisors and the COP to revise job descriptions on a case-by-case basis;
- Assist in obtaining visas, work permits and any other requirements for expatriate personnel;
- Provide updated orientation packages and arrange presentations for all new staff;
- Maintain a leave tracking system (sick/annual/home/holiday/LWOP) for international and national staff;
- Identify training needs and develop internal and external training opportunities for all program staff;
- Bring potential personnel problems and achievements to the attention of the relevant supervisor;
- Ensure efficient functioning of the administrative filing system for the Pristina office;
- Promote and uphold Global Communities mandatory reporting procedures;
- Ensure Global Communities compliance to all applicable laws and principles;
- Liaise with the Global Communities assigned attorney on all legal issues, with consistent feedback to the COP; and
- Oversee all administrative practices within the main office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of Kosovar national policies, rules and regulations, staff entitlements and benefits, recruitment and selection practices, and training programs.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with team-oriented approach to work, preferably in a multi-cultural setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Public Administration, or a relevant field.
- 3 years of experience in Administration and Human Resources management, preferably within INGOs and donor-funded programs.
- Fluency in English and Albanian or other local language required.
How To Apply
- Please, send your applications with CVs and cover letters to the following address [email protected]
- Please state “Last Name, First Name – Job Title” in the subject line of your email.