USAID TRANSPARENT, EFFECTIVE AND ACCOUNTABLE MUNICIPALITIES (USAID TEAM) ACTIVITY
GRANTS & COMPLIANCE SPECIALIST
PROPOSED PERSONNEL TBD
POSITIONGrants & Compliance Specialist
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE ON/ABOUT (FROM – TO) June 1, 2019 January 31, 2022
MAXIMUM LEVEL OF EFFORT Full Time
BASE OF OPERATIONS Pristina, Kosovo
POSITION REPORTS TO Chief of Party
1. PROJECT BACKGROUND:
Through the USAID Transparent, Effective and Accountable Municipalities (USAID TEAM) activity in Kosovo, DAI is supporting USAID/Kosovo to address corruption at the municipal level by increasing the transparency and effectiveness of municipal procurement systems. DAI is focusing on the following three program components:
- a) Develop, refine and roll out models for transparent and accountable municipalities;
- b) Engage the central level in addressing municipal corruption within the procurement process; and
- c) Enable civil society to track and expose corruption.
DAI is working with all 38 Kosovo municipalities but more intensively in five focus municipalities to champion anti-corruption reforms. In addition, DAI is working with select entities within the Government of Kosovo (GOK) that are relevant to addressing corruption at the municipal level such as the Public Procurement Regulatory Commission, the National Audit Office, and the Procurement Review Body. Additionally, the project provides subcontracts and grants to civil society organizations (CSOs) to monitor all 38 municipalities in areas such as procurement and recruitment.
2. ROLE’S PURPOSE:
The Grants and Subcontracts Specialist will manage the USAID TEAM Support Fund grants and subcontracts during the entire activity life-cycle to include processes from initiation until completion of activities. Specific responsibilities of the Grants and Compliance Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Lead pre-award responsibility determinations in grant process and negotiation processes in subcontracting;
- Develop and analyze budgets for allowability, allocability, reasonableness and consistency for proposed activities in coordination with the proposed local partners;
- Draft all grant agreements for signature by the Chief of Party or his designee and ensure that all associated documentation has been completed by the relevant parties;
- Ensure that the subsequent grant agreements and subcontracts and associated paperwork accurately reflect approved activities;
- Ensure that all grant activities are properly documented in the grant files from the start of implementation to the grant close-down;
- Monitor the grant and subcontract financials to ensure that expenditures are in accordance with the grant and subcontract ceilings;
- Take proactive steps to ensure compliance and prepare activity modifications as required;
- Monitor the implementation of each activity, both through site visits and regular communication with grantees and subcontractors;
- Provide regular updates for staff on grant and subcontracts implementation;
- Draft grant and subcontract-related correspondence (letters of receipt, rejection letters, close-out letters etc.);
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly Support Fund expenditure projections.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in similar position; experience working on USAID-funded programs required.
- Experience in grant and subcontract management for USAID-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience with various grant mechanisms including fixed obligation and in-kind grants to municipalities.
- Attention to detail and professional excellence.
- Excellent reading, writing, and speaking skills in English.
4. HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals must submit their detailed CV outlining their educational qualifications and other relevant documents such as certificates, diplomas, and at least three letters of reference if available. Documents should be submitted in electronic format to [email protected] no later than 4 p.m. Kosovo local time on May 31, 2019.