Terms of Reference
ADVOCACY TRAINING AND RESOURCE CENTER-ATRC
Job Vacancy Announcement
Soliciting Entity: Advocacy Training and Resource Center-ATRC
Application Type: Project Staff for Engagement For Equity Activity-E4E
Post title: Grant and Information Officer
Type of contract: Individual Contract with Advocacy Training and Resource Center (one year with three-month probation)
Application Deadline: July 26, 2019
Languages required: Albanian and/or Serbian, English
On February 2015, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded Advocacy Training & Resources Center (ATRC), to implement “Engagement for Equity Activity” (E4E). The overall aim of E4E is to improve the integration of vulnerable and marginalized groups as both a matter of human rights and sustainable development. In particular, the E4E Activity seeks to influence the development and effective implementation of policies pertinent to vulnerable populations, while strengthening the role of civil society in effectively promoting wider critical issues of democracy and governance.
ATRC assistance to sub-grantees is driven by five objectives: 1) Women in Governance and Economy; 2) Empowering Women through Enhanced Awareness of Women’s Property Rights; 3) Increased protection and awareness of vulnerable populations’ rights; 4) Expand Participation of Persons with Disabilities (PwD); and 5) Expand Youth Participation.
The E4E is comprised of two components: Provision of Grants; and Targeted Technical and Organizational Development Assistance. Through two components, the E4E Activity is supporting local CSOs that represent the interests of targeted vulnerable populations for: Through the provision of grants and targeted technical and organizational development assistance, the E4E plans to continue supporting local civil society organizations working on behalf of vulnerable and marginalized communities to: Conduct complex advocacy and awareness campaigns with multiple stakeholders from diverse segments of society and government; Engage in formulation of policy recommendations on select democracy and governance and economic empowerment issues, drawn from consultations with citizens and other stakeholders; and Monitor and track the implementation of targeted legislation, reforms and initiatives of importance to vulnerable and marginalized groups.
Through this public call, ATRC is seeking s project staff member that will be involved in the project implementation during the E4E Activity life. Grant and Information Officer will be following and assisting the work of Engagement For Equity Activity in ensuring the overall project implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Program/Grant Manager, the Grant and Information Officer is expected to:
- Assist the work of Program/Grant Manager (PGM) and Training and Consultancy Services Manager (TCSM) in ensuring the overall project implementation;
- Monitor E4E grantees project implementation and conduct site visits as needed;
- Keep informed of the best practices of the grantees’ work, as well as recommend improvements to the grantees management and implementation process;
- When needed preparing and promoting project activities and grantee activities during the E4E Activity’s lifetime, including enhancing the E4E Activity’s social media and online presence;
- Monitor media coverage of Project activities and grantees’ activities;
- Collect success stories of grantees, and use them for promoting their work;
- Maintain files related to ATRC grant programs;
- Ensure timely and accurate oral and written reporting to PD/GM on grants programs.
- Maintain grantees’ files following grantees’ file checklist form;
- Notify grantees on the grant and maintains correspondence with grantees for all aspects related to the grant;
- Maintain the data base on all proposals received and grantees for his/her respective programs
- Provide or facilitate technical assistance to grantees in terms of reporting, communication, branding and marking, etc;
- Review work closely with Finance Office on approval grantees progress and final financial and narrative reports;
- Ensures that all ATRC-related materials and programs are inclusive and gender sensitive.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by ED, PD/GM and TCSM.
Working Relationships: Work closely with the E4E Staff, and other ATRC staff as needed.
- The Grant and Information Officer will report directly to the PD/GM and TCSM;
- All reports are to be written in English;
- Reports will be delivered according to the E4E work plan, and as required by PD/GM and TCSM.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Degree on Communications and PR, Media and Social Sciences, or other related qualification required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in working with local organizations, experience working with vulnerable groups is desired;
- Previous experience in preparing project reports, USAID programming experience is considered a plus;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated ability of making effective presentations to diverse audiences and development of actionable recommendations;
- Capacity to think creatively in dealing with policy and operational issues while maintaining strong client relationships and results orientation;
- Skills in developing analytical and informative materials;
- Teamwork spirit is a must.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Albanian and English is required. Knowledge of the Serbian language is considered an asset.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to submit their applications through [email protected]
- Personal CV indicating all past experience of similar nature, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate and at least three (3) professional references;
- Motivation letter addressing the qualification requirements and specific experience related to the proposed position.