- Provides leadership to finance, operations, and human resources aspects of the project
- Ensures compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulation, award requirements, and host government laws;
- Conducts compliance reviews, internal audit follow-up and hands on training to ensure sound financial management;
- Oversees and coordinates financial and administrative systems;
- Issues Monthly Financial Reports, balance sheet and quarterly accrual reports;
- Supervises the Finance Assistant in maintaining a highly secure financial system that considers the in-country financial and accounting security concerns;
- Communicates/advises the Project Director on financial status of the project and funds availability for project activities;
- Assists with local procurement to ensure that donor and FHI 360 regulations are implemented;
- Provides technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Manages project procurement processes; and
- Manages a finance and operations team in charge of budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, administration and procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as accounting or finance is required (advanced degree preferred);
- Minimum eight (8) years hands-on program management and direct supervisory experience, including direct experience with financial management and procurement of goods and services;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; fluent in Albanian or Serbian; preferred fluent in all three.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting principles and FCO/DFID rules and regulations preferred;
- Mastery of Excel and experience using QuickBooks, GFAS or other similar computer accounting software is required;
- Ability to effectively manage a team and contribute to a highly collaborative program team approach;
- High integrity and strong attention to detail and ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
Citizens and residents of Kosovo, Serbia, and the surrounding Balkan countries are strongly encouraged to apply. Availability of position is contingent upon award to FHI 360. Selection of final applicant is subject to funder approval.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.