Request for Expression of Interest
Project ID: P147402
World Bank Loan/Credit Name: Kosovo Health Project
Contract Identification No.: PM 13.1
Health Insurance Fund Information and cooperation specialist
On March 26, 2015, the Assembly of Republic of Kosovo approved the Financial Agreement between the Kosovo Government and the International Development Association. The Kosovo Health Project (KHP), restructured in May 2018, is worth US$ 15.69 million. Its objective is to contribute to (i) developing the building blocks to introduce Social Health Insurance (SHI); and (ii) strengthening primary health care (PHC) in selected municipalities.
The project consists of three components:
Component 1: Establishing building blocks for the introduction of Social Health Insurance (SHI).
Component 2: Strengthening PHC in selected municipalities.
Component 3: Project management and communications.
Under the direct supervision of the HIF Director, the Consultant shall oversee the implementation of the KHP supported contract between the MoH and the consulting firm, and provide technical/operational assistance in establishing the HIF Division of Information and Cooperation.
Scope of work:
The consultant will assist the HIF Director in:
- Identifying and ensuring relevant documentation that will then be analyzed by the communication firm, i.e. relevant strategic and legal documents, working documents, as well as all data deemed necessary for the successful work of the communication firm and the establishment of the HIF Division of Information and Cooperation;
- Facilitating the collection of inputs required from the HIF, health institutions, civil society, citizens/patients and other relevant stakeholders on one hand, and the MOH on the other hand. In particular, the consultant will contribute to arrange consultations required for the successful implementation of the communication firm contract;
- Reviewing outputs/deliverables produced by the communication firm and ensuring that the HIF/MOH and other stakeholders’ needs are considered and addressed. In particular, ensuring that the deliverables address key messages through a clear-cut and adequate public communication;
- Updating the content of the official website of the HIF (with support from the IT team);
- Drafting the TORs for the new staff of the Division of Communication and Cooperation to be hired in compliance with the legal framework;
- Preparing talking points/presentations for the HIF Director to report in the monthly KHP Senior Management Meetings on the progress/bottlenecks of the activities related to communication campaign activities;
- Any other tasks related to the communication campaign under the KHP required by the HIF Director.
- University degree in communication and public relation, master degree is preferred;
- At least 5 years of experience in public relations, and communication;
- Experience in management of media projects with be considered as an asset;
- Experience in defining and updating the content of websites;
- Working experience with international organizations/institutions will be considered as an asset;
- Working experience in the health sector will be considered as an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Albanian is required. Knowledge of Serbian is highly desired.
Timeline and level of effort:
Work is expected to start as soon as possible. The foreseen contract duration is 3 (three) months encompassing up to 16 consultancy workdays per month. The contract may be extended subject to extension of the KHP closing date.
Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers published in January 2011 (Consultants Guidelines), according to selection based on Selection of Individual Consultants(IC) method.
Interested Individual Consultants may obtain further information or detailed ToR for this assignment at the address below:
Expression of interest from individual consultants may be submitted to the below stated address until July 25, 2019
Ministry of Health,