Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an accountant for the USAID-funded Up to Youth Activity, which will address youth vulnerable to social exclusion by mobilizing and engaging youth in meaningful ways to effect positive change. Over the five-year period, the Activity will work in selected target areas throughout Kosovo to mobilize youth to be forces for positive change, develop and demonstrate life/soft skills among youth and, develop, build and support resilience partners in fostering an environment for youth to engage in a positive and meaningful way.
Based in Pristina, the accountant will be responsible for supporting all accounting processes related to the project. More specifically, the accountant will:
- Implement Global Communities financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare the financial transactions and maintain computerized operations by using Intuit’s QuickBooks.
- Communicate with Banks to effectively complete all payments, reports, statements.
- Prepare payment requests and organize transfer for the payments.
- Prepare Journal entries and record all transactions in the QuickBooks.
- Filing all entries and insure that all required supporting documents are attached to each entry.
- Prepare banks reconciliations on weekly basis.
- Provide assistance to staff on processes and documents for: travel, advance, expense claims, document retrieval, etc. Overseeing requests for advances/reimbursements, etc.
- Work closely with HR and DCOP in payroll preparation
- In coordination with Procurement Manager, review all procurement documents to ensure adequate and official supporting documents are attached, ensure the accuracy of amounts and proper procedure is followed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with QuickBooks
- Skilled with performing detailed numerical computations and in the use of computer hardware and software for accounting purposes.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfortable with team-oriented approach to work, preferably in a multi-cultural setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an accounting role with a knowledge of accepted accounting principles, practices and procedures.
- Prior experience working on a USAID-funded contract is preferred.
- Fluency in English and Albanian or other local language required.
How To Apply
- Please, send your applications with CVs and cover letters to the following address [email protected]
- Please state “Last Name, First Name – Job Title” in the subject line of your email.