Position: Wikimedia Project Manager based in Prishtina
Application Deadline: 15 December 2020
Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group are seeking a Full Time Project Manager based in Prishtina.
Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group (WoALUG) is a user group created by the Albanian community of Wikimedia projects working in increasing the quality and quantity of articles and multimedia material in the Albanian Wikipedia. We do this through trainings, workshops and edit-a-thons, running competitions online and offline, and GLAM partnerships in the territories of the Balkans where the Albanian language is spoken.
Wikimedia Foundation is the organization behind Wikipedia and its sister projects.
FLOSSK is the fiscal supporter of WoALUG. FLOSSK is a non-governmental non-profit organization established in order to support, promote and develop, among other things, open and participatory knowledge such as that supported by the Wikimedia Foundation.
Seeking a project manager to work on Wikimedia projects, ready to engage with students and promote Wikimedia projects in Kosovo.
- At least 2 years of experience in positions of similar complexity
- Good oral and written Albanian
- Good written English
- Light technical abilities (ex. HTML syntax, photo editing, social media)
- Feels comfortable doing budget management and drafting reports
- Shows initiative and is able to work without much supervision both online and offline
- Ability to plan, organize and report several activities in parallel
- Is mission driven with a dynamic mindset
- Ability to remain tactful and engage with people of various backgrounds in Kosovo and with Wikimedians online
- Can motivate others to contribute to Wikimedia projects
- Excited to teach students through workshops and travel throughout Kosovo
- Is able to work weekends and afternoons
- Ensure that the WoALUG Annual Plan is executed, the targets are reached and budget is executed. This includes:
- organization and facilitation of workshops, trainings and editathons
- outreach to universities, schools and cultural institutions
- create self-learning material in the Albanian language such as videos and handouts
- maintain relations with partners in Kosovo, Wikimedia Foundation and Wikimedia chapters in the region
- Compile narrative and budget execution reports
- Plan and execute media plan
- Coordinate with and support activities planned by Wikimedians of Albanian Language User Group in Albania and Macedonia
- Report to WoALUG board and FLOSSK
- Job location is Prishtina.
- Training starts on 4 January 2021. Work starts on 16 January 2021 with an annual contract with possibility of extension.
- We expect commitment of at least 2 years.
- Gross salary: 700 EUR.
To apply, please send in PDF format:
- your CV
- a short motivation letter in English or Albanian
- an encyclopedic article of max. 500 words on a topic of your choice in the other language from motivational letter
to the following e-mail address: email@example.com no later than 15 December. The subject of the email should be: Application for Wikimedia Project Manager - Prishtina.
Notifications for the interview will be sent by email by 20 December.
More about us
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.