Manifesta 14 Prishtina 2022
- Job Title: Volunteer Manager
- Hours: 40 per week
- Salary: € 1,000 gross plus option to participate in company health insurance
- Location: Palace of Youth and Sports
Str Luan Haradinaj 35
10 000 Prishtina
- Responsible to: Head of Business
- Line Management by: Executive Assistant
- Period: 4 April - 30 November 2022
- Contract: Full-time, fixed term contract
Who we are
Manifesta, the European Nomadic Biennial, produces one of the world’s most influential art events. Manifesta rethinks the relations between culture and society by investigating and catalyzing positive social change in Europe through contemporary culture in dialogue with the social sphere of a specific place. Since 1996, the Manifesta biennial takes place in a different European city every two years. Manifesta 14 will take place during 2022, in Prishtina, Kosovo.
For the Business department, Manifesta 14 is looking for a motivated and experienced Volunteer Manager.
The Business department is responsible for on managing the legal, fiscal, HR and administrative processes of Manifesta 14, controlling the budget and the accounting process of the Biennial.
The role is cross-departmental. It will coordinate rosters across the organization and its programs, including artists support, artwork invigilation, exhibition administration, assisting with education activities, and supporting marketing and public engagement.
The role is responsible for ensuring that volunteers are provided with a safe and supportive environment.
The Volunteer Manager’s main responsibilities consist in recruiting, managing, scheduling, and maintaining appropriate levels of volunteer engagement.
The role will coordinate rosters across the organization and its programs, including artists support, artwork invigilation, exhibition administration, assisting with education activities, and supporting marketing and public engagement.
- Recruit appropriate levels of volunteer assistance
- Prepare the volunteer roster and distribute to relevant staff
- Ensure that volunteers are thoroughly inducted regarding their responsibilities, Health and Safety procedures and standards of visitor service
- Raise staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers
- Takes part in recruitment interviews of volunteers and ensure they are appropriately matched and trained for a position
- Conducts debrief interviews for departing volunteers
- Ensure positive and collaborative relations between volunteers and making sure they feel enabled and always supported
- Plan, schedule and manage the working time of the volunteers in collaboration with venues coordinator and production team
- With the venue coordinators, ensure adequate levels of exhibition supervision and security are always maintained during the installation period and exhibition
- Organize and manage periodic volunteers training in collaboration with Visitor Services
- With the Head of Production, liaise with artists and/or artist representatives and staff regarding volunteer requirements for exhibition production and installation
- Supervise volunteers to ensure Volunteer Protocol is maintained
- Help provide a safe environment for staff, volunteers, and visitors
- Provide artwork supervision when needed (for example covering volunteer breaks etc.)
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise in a calm professional manner
- Organize relevant training
- Organizes celebration events for volunteers
- Manages budgets and resources, including the reimbursement of expenses
- Maintains databases and undertake any other administrative duties.
- Provide letters of reference for all volunteers
- Ensure compliance with all relevant Manifesta policies
- Deliver a volunteer programme that provides a safe, beneficial, and enriching experience for participants
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in office tools (Word, Excel) and database management
- The candidate has a minimum of two years of professional experience in a similar position
- The candidate has a degree of higher education or equivalent
- Fluency in Albanian. Good speaking and writing skills of English. Knowledge of Turkish/ Bosnian / Roma languages would be a strong asset.
- Experience with budgeting and financial administration
- The candidate must be results oriented and able to work according to strict deadlines and targets
- Time management and organizational skills with the ability to coordinate and monitor overlapping needs and timelines
- Be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Attention to detail and care in administrative processes
- Flexibility and ability to collaborate with team members across departments
- Discretion with confidential information
All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions of employment including hiring. Manifesta operates under the Fair Practice Code of Solidarity, Trust, Sustainability, Diversity and Transparency which means Fair Chain, Fair Share and Fair Pay.
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter and CV in Albanian or English with the reference “Volunteer Manager” to email@example.com by the 27th of March 2022.
Successful candidates will be invited to an interview.