Technical Legal Support to MoJ Legal Department
Location : Prishtina, Kosovo, UNSCR 1244 (1999)
Application Deadline : 22-Mar-21 (Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Starting Date : 01-Apr-2021
Duration of Initial Contract : 01 April 2021 – 30 September 2021 (6 months), with possibility of extension
Expected Duration of Assignment : 01 April 2021 – 30 September 2021 (6 months), with possibility of extension
BackgroundSAEK III supports the implementation of the new anti-corruption legislation and efforts towards the repatriation of stolen assets, while completing a robust corruption prevention system. Through a three-tier approach, SAEK III supports the policy, structural and capacity level, towards achieving the following sustainable results:
- Fulfillment of technical and legal requirements for the effective implementation of anti-corruption laws and strategies such as anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and related action plans;
- Establishment of a legal and institutional framework for coordinated prosecutor led joint investigations of financial crime; improved effectiveness in asset recovery; enhanced investigative journalism and coordination among public institutions at the central and local levels; further strengthening of Kallxo.com online platform for reporting corruption allegations;
- Trained investigators on asset recovery and an established asset recovery structure mandated to track down stolen assets and conduct thorough financial crime investigations.
In this regard, the role of the Ministry of Justice is instrumental in advancing efforts for the Draft Law on the Prevention of the Corruption, Draft Law on the Asset Declaration and the Concept Document / Draft Law on Court Appointed Experts. However, currently the MoJ is facing professional capacity deficiencies due to staff turnover, that would in turn ensure direct support in further advancing anti-corruption legislative initiatives.
Objectives of Assignment
To support the completion and adoption of Anti-corruption legislation through enhancing the legal capabilities of the Legal Department of the Ministry of Justice.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Legal Assistant, under the supervision of the SAEK III Project Manager, will deliver the following:
- Coordinate actions between the Project and the MoJ in relation to legislation pertinent to anti-corruption.
- Ensure extensive logistics required in drafting anti-corruption legislation efforts, including but not limited to liaising with relevant parties and stakeholders, organizing meetings and of documents, and drafting correspondence.
- Provide preliminary research and analysis on selected issues as requested by the Project.
- Contribute to the planning and reporting of the MoJ and participate in meetings with government and other institutions, commissions, committees, task forces, expert groups and other bodies, following approval by the Project Manager.
- Handle comments and suggestions on the respective anti-corruption legislation and the concept document on court appointed experts.
- Develop the consolidation report on comments and justifications on their acceptance or rejection.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
- Technical support for the development of the anti-corruption legislative initiatives.
- Draft preliminary reports on the compatibility between the recommendations of the Rule of Law Sector Strategy, ERA II, and other EU related roadmaps and the anti-corruption legislative initiatives.
- Ensures timely implementation of all preparatory arrangements for a widespread and all-inclusive consultative proves pertinent to anti-corruption legislative initiatives.
- Develop comprehensive report based on the consultative process for all anti-corruption legislative initiatives. The report shall include the input gathered from stakeholders during the consultative process, followed with the MoJ’s well-informed decision-making process, ensured by the expert, on the incorporation/refusal of every individual comment received.
- Monthly progress report on achievements and results.
Remuneration - Lump Sum Amount
The Contract is based on all inclusive lump sum remuneration and payment will be made upon submission of a certificate of payment request and four weeks progress report indicating the achievements and will be cleared for the payment by the UNDP supervisor.
The term ‘all inclusive” implies that all costs (professional fees, communications, consumables, etc.) that could possibly be incurred by the Contractor are factored into the final fee submitted in the proposal.
Required Presentation of Offer:
The following documents are requested:
- Personal CV and P11, indicating all past experience from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Offeror and at least three (3) professional references.
- Brief description of why the individual considers him/herself as the most suitable for the assignment.
- Financial Proposal that indicates professional daily fee including total amount for whole duration of the assignment.
- Copy of Diplomas and copy of Passport.
Criteria for selection of the Best Offer
Offers will be evaluated utilizing a combined Scoring method – where the qualifications and technical proposal will be weighted a max. of 70% and combined with the price offer which will be weighted a max of 30%.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of UNDP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Plans, prioritizes and delivers tasks on time.
- Ability to work independently and takes initiative in addressing problems encountered.
- Ability to establish effective working relations in a multicultural team environment; supports effective and efficient teamwork.
- Result orientated and constructive attitude.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Ability to design and manage coordination processes, including with multiple stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply them consistently in work tasks.
- Good knowledge of information technology and ability to apply it in work assignments.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability t communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
Required Skills and ExperienceEducation:
- Bachelor’s level degree in law;
- At least 2 years of professional experience;
- Experience in drafting policies, regulations, strategies, action plans, and legal opinions;
- Experience in policy advice, research and analysis of governance issues;
- Fluency in both oral and written English;
- Fluency in Albanian and/or Serbian.
- Click on the "Apply now" button.
- Input your information in the appropriate Sections: personal information, language proficiency, education, resume and motivation; You can type in, or paste your short Resume into the last box.
- Upon completion of the first page, please hit "submit application" tab at the end of the page. On the next page, you will be asked to upload your Resume.
- System will only allow one attachment. All docs (CV; P11; financial offer; list of similar profiles should be included as one attachment).
- Please make sure to submit all the requested documents/information; otherwise, your application will be considered incomplete.