For a tender proposal we are looking for Team Leader (m/f) candidates for Integrated Health Services (IHS) in Kosovo.
The assignment would be for 4 years starting August next year and the designated Team Leader may be called upon to participate in the Inception Phase for this project that will take place from August this year till first Quarter of 2022.
Ideally someone with a medical background, strong project management skills, experience with referral systems in health care and NCDs.
SDC will be initiating the Integrated Health Services (IHS) project in the frame of the present Swiss Cooperation Strategy Kosovo 2017-2020, extended to 2021. The goal of this intervention is to ‘contribute to the development of a sustainable healthcare system in Kosovo that offers qualitative, affordable and integrated care to patients with Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) conditions’. The IHS intervention combines support to clinical and managerial processes in health facilities and policy development at national level to improve the availability, quality and continuity of care for patients with NCD conditions. The project aims to achieve the following outcomes:
Outcome 1: The availability and accessibility of quality health services in selected General Hospitals is improved;
Outcome 2: Coordinated action across levels towards integrated health services improves the health status of patients with NCD conditions;
Outcome 3: Policy frameworks at national level are conducive to patient-centered integrated care.
The aim of the Inception Phase is to conduct the necessary studies and analysis in order to detail thoroughly the project approaches and interventions by consolidating the Project Document. The mandate for the implementation of Phase I concerns the implementation of the project as per the Project Document elaborated and finalised during Inception Phase.
The Team leader has the overall responsibility for project implementation of phase 1 (and potentially technical input to the the inception phase prior to that). S/he will collaborate with the Swiss agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), the Ministry of Health and key stakeholders in the health sector in order to implement the project against its set objectives.
Tasks expected from the Team Leader during his/her assignment:
- Responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project on a day-to-day basis, including personnel, subcontracts, training, administrative support and financial management activities;
- Regular Reporting to the Project Steering Committee, SDC, and relevant stakeholders;
- Preparation and/or coordination of project planning including all partners; Ensure and facilitate project interventions to achieve project outcome and output indicators
- Agree activities with essential partners and provide transparency for partners
- Supervise project progress and coordinate documentation of progress;
- On-schedule reporting according to contractual stipulations;
- Prepare and support mid-term and final evaluations;
- Support contracting of local support staff and supervise local contractors;
- Continuous information of GFA about project progress;
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with public and private stakeholders at national and local level on interventions, co-funding opportunities, appropriate interventions and services, schedules and up-scaling opportunities.
- Master in Public Health, ideally medical education
- More than 5 years of working experience in the health sector with competencies and experience in managing and coordinating projects in relation to one or more of the objectives of the project (establishing a continuum of care for NCDs, referral systems, health financing, health sector reforms and ensuring integrated health services).
- Demonstrated experience of at least five years in managing and coordinating large/complex projects in international development cooperation;
- Strong managerial skills, including result-oriented management, strategic planning, human resources and financial management skills; demonstrated experience in engaging in policy dialogue at the national level
- Strong experience in steering and mentoring, capacity to anticipate issues and identify forward-looking solutions; strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills;
- Professional experience in transition countries, preferably in the Western Balkans and/or Kosovo;
- Commitment towards integrating gender, good governance, social inclusion and conflict sensitive project management throughout the project cycle.
- Excellent skills in communication, negotiation and liaising with authorities and other stakeholders at national and local level.
- Fluency in English
For more details contact me with your CV mentioning the GFA reference number: MED-KOS21SDC0166/1
Ms Alvean Fentener at email@example.com