Team Leader (m/f/d) Support to basic and upper secondary education in Kosovo
Assignment period: 04/01/2021 - 03/31/2025
Field: Social Sectors
Type of employment: part-time
Application deadline: 12/07/2020
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a state owned organisation. We work worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ International Services (InS) is an integral division of GIZ. We offer the experience, the regional and technical know-how of GIZ in the global market and provide international clients with expertise in terms of economic and result-oriented services.
GIZ International Services is shortlisted for the EU-funded tender: „Support to basic and upper secondary education” in Kosovo.
The overall objective is to enhance the quality based, accountable education and training system, in line with the best international practices in the field of pre-university education.
The purpose of this project is to strengthen the quality of the basic and upper secondary education sector through support to the central and local level institutions in order to:
(i) Set up and implement the mechanisms for implementation of merit based, non-discriminatory, gender-equal, and transparent recruitment of teachers and school directors;
(ii) Strengthen quality assurance functions at central, municipal and school level;
(iii) Support processes related to the drafting and revising the textbooks
The KE1/ Team Leader will have overall responsibility for implementing the programme according to the ToR and will be the primary contact point between the contracting authority and the contractor. Also, KE1 /Team Leader will be responsible for communication with the beneficiary and other key stakeholders. S/he will be in charge of addressing the main project objectives and identifying the needs for mobilisation of non-key experts. The Team Leader will be responsible for coordination of activities between all experts and timely and proper reporting to the contracting authority. The TL will be in charge of the activity regarding the teacher and school directors professional development as well as the activities regarding their recruitment.
Qualifications and skills
- A Master's degree or equivalent in education or directly related discipline (social and political sciences and humanities, public administration), or 5 years of relevant professional experience on top of the 8 years of general professional experience required. A PhD in the project related field in basic and upper secondary, general Pre-university education is an asset.
General professional experience
- Minimum 8, but preferably 10 years of professional experience in education sector in basic and upper secondary, general pre-University education.
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 3, but preferably 5 years of professional experience in the area of teacher recruitment and/or in-service teacher professional development in basic and upper secondary, general Pre-university education;
- Experience as team leader in at least 3 projects18in the field of teacher and school director recruitment and/or their professional development in basic and upper secondary, general Pre-university education;
All experts mobilised under this contract are expected to:
- be proficient in written and spoken English;
- be proficient in reporting and drafting;
- have excellent team working abilities;
- have excellent communication skills.
The project team will be based in Prishtina. Travel to municipalities and also to education and training institutions throughout Kosovo will be required.
Start date & Period of implementation
The project start date will be determined by the Commencement Order to be issued by the contracting authority after the contract signature, and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months in total from this date. It should be noted that the component on textbook and on recruitment of teacher/managing staff requires a longer duration of 48 months (minimum 750 of working days).
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.