DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
Team Leader (KE1) - EU Support to the Ombudsperson Institution - Kosovo
Job Code: 5515
Project title: EU Support to the Ombudsperson Institution - Kosovo
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to strengthen the capacity of the Ombudsperson Institution of Kosovo (OIK) in order to increase, impact and effectiveness in promoting and protecting the human rights and fundamental freedoms.
The purposes of this contract are as follows:
- To support the Ombudsperson Institution to effectively protect and promote the human rights, and fundamental freedoms of citizens by enforcement of institutional capacities and introduction of new tools and methods;
- To support the OIK for awareness raising among citizens (women and men), public authorities and civil society on the role of the Ombudsperson Institution in promotion and protection of human rights;
The team leader is an experienced manager with background in human rights and professional working experience. He/she will be responsible for the successful implementation of all project activities within the established timelines in the work-plan and delivery of results as indicated in the log frame. He/she is in charge of overseeing deployment and management of all long- and short-term experts including quality management. The team leader shall also be in charge of contacts and communication with the beneficiary representatives, other relevant agencies and stakeholders and the contracting authority and for communication and negotiation with all key stakeholders. He/she will ensure that all project outputs are of excellent quality. Furthermore, the Team Leader will ensure that all gender, minority, cultural, environmental and ethical matters of relevance to the project are properly addressed. The Contractor will deploy appropriate backstopping support to ensure that the team leader is able to realise his/her tasks.
Commencement date of the project: 17 November 2020
Duration of the assignment: 740 work days over 42 months
Qualifications and skills:
- A Bachelor degree in Law. A Master degree and/or PhD in Law is considered as an advantage.
General professional experience
- Minimum 10, preferably 12 years of professional experience working in the judicial field.
Specific professional experience
- Experience* in leading teams in at least 1, preferably 3 projects or in an institution related to judicial reform.
- Minimum 5 preferably 8 years working in or with a National Human Rights Institution similar in function and mandate to the Office of the Ombudsperson in Kosovo.