The American School of Kosova is looking for a full time Teacher Assistant (for special needs student) to complete the 2020-21 school year and possibly beyond.
Teacher Assistant / Special Needs
The successful candidate will work one to one with a specific student in school, helping the student with a wide range of specific learning, physical or behavioral difficulties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides academic, behavioral and/ or emotional support for students during the day.
- Encouraging student's confidence, self esteem and independence.
- Recognizing signs of distress in students and offering reassurance.
- Prepares instructional material for students.
- Assists with any special area classes.
- Assists with the management of individual student and classroom behavior.
- Participates and completes mandatory and elective professional development opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Reinforce information following a lesson.
- Works with students individually or in small groups in academic studies, basic life skills and other assigned instruction.
- Implements behavior modification plans and procedures designed for individual students when necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students.
- Maintain positive relationships with all students, school staff and parents.
- Observes and records student’s progress.
- Proven experience as a Special Needs Assistant or relevant role
- Good knowledge of current special needs topics and methodologies
- A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- BSc in Psychology or related; MSc is a plus
Qualified candidates should send their resume and a cover letter as soon as possible to:
firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Tuesday, February 16, 2021.