Date advertised: 24 Dec 2020
Closing date: 8 Jan 2021 - 23:59 CET
Location: Prishtina, Kosovo
Department: Awards Management
Type: Fixed-term contract
The role: Sub Award Officer
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in International Development, Business Administration or Finance;
- At least 3 years’ experience on managing, contracts & sub agreements, finance with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g., DEVCO, USAID , FCO , SIDA etc.) including In-depth knowledge of grant documents & compliance issues;
- Ability to perform grants portfolio analysis and support all routine technical aspects of grant management processes;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate clearly with thoughtful, accurate information;
- Strong budget development and budget review skills;
- Experience in capacity building; coaching and delivering training at an individual and group level
- Computer literate including working knowledge of MS Word, Excel;
- Proven ability to handle/prioritise challenging and multi-tasked workload in complex working environment;
- Willingness to travel to Field Offices for support and capacity building purposes;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Albanian, English and Serbian.
Contract length: until 31.12.2021 (with possibility of extension)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please view full profile and apply below until January 8th, 2021 by attaching a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.