Social worker for CONCORDIA TRANZIT CENTRE,
a project of CONCORDIA PROJEKTE SOCIALE KOSOVO
CONCORDIA Gemeinnützige Privatstiftung (hereafter CONCORDIA Austria) is an international, independent, non-governmental organisation dedicated to helping children, young people, families as well as (socially and ethnically) marginalised groups in need, towards an independent and responsible life. This is done in close cooperation with its sister associations in Bulgaria, Romania, the Republic of Moldova, Germany and (new) in Republic of Kosovo. Together, they represent CONCORDIA Social Projects (hereafter: CONCORDIA). CONCORDIAs mission statement is to “go where the need is greatest…and where others don’t go”!
CONCORDIA Projekte Sociale has been established in Kosovo in December 2020 and took over the Loyola Tranzit Centre in Prizren from the former carrier organization Association Loyola Gymnasium, which from 1st of January 2021 became CONCORDIA Tranzit Centre. The Centre is located in the neighborhood of Tranzit, north of the city Prizren, where groups of different ethnical communities live. The Centre inherits an early childhood education program with two groups, a school support program, including homework tutorials and additional classes, a music school, comprises a creative workshop, and offers a warm meal to all its 65 beneficiaries.
With the overall goal to trigger sustainable positive changes in the lives of children, young people, families they work with, as well as marginalized groups CONCORDIA focuses on:
- Securing a functioning everyday life that offers protection, belonging and provision
- Fostering the capacities for self-determination and central „life skills“ (self-confidence, self-efficacy and social skills)
- Mobilising each individual’s (creative) potential
- Fostering a secure bonding of children and youth (as an important pre-condition for the development of life skills)
- Evaluation and selection of the beneficiaries of the Transit Centre, using the specific tools for the social worker activity: social surveys, initial evaluations, realization of the personalized intervention plan and following the evolution of the beneficiaries, etc.
- Makes visits to the beneficiaries' homes, according to the intervention plan or whenever necessary aimed at identifying their social, economic, legal and housing needs;
- Reporting: elaboration of the monthly activity report; periodic updating of beneficiaries' files; providing information that serves to prepare reports for sponsors / donors;
- Coordinates meetings with multidisciplinary team, school teachers and parents;
- Develops and coordinates mobile team acting in the community;
- Responsible for child protection, implementation of measures to prevent any situations of child abuse in the Transit Center.
A detailed Job Description will be presented and discussed with the final candidate.
The ideal candidate:
- Graduate of Faculty of Social Work
- Has over 3 years of social work experience
- Has knowledge about current social and legislative trends and changes
- Has flexibility, enthusiasm, empathy and desire to assume responsibilities
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- Openness to work with people from disadvantaged backgrounds and ethnic minorities
- Ability to manage difficult situations, conflict negotiation, mediation between beneficiaries and authorities
- Languages spoken: Albanian (mother tongue) and English (minimum B1)
- Commits to respect CONCORDIA Child Protection Policy and all the other policies and procedures of the organization
- Driving license category B
- MS Office knowledge - Word, Excel, Power Point, MS outlook
- Employment contract, fixed salary
- Private medical insurance
- Working hours 08.30-16.30
- The opportunity to work in a dedicated multiethnic team, where you can innovate and contribute
- Challenging area of activity, with plenty of space for own initiative and development opportunities.
Position start date: July 2021
Duration of the Contract: 1 year (with possibility of extension)
Location of duty: Prizren
Interested persons are asked to send a CV accompanied by a letter of intent in English by 21.05.2021, to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention in the subject of the message: Social worker. Only people who meet the above requirements and are selected for the interview will be contacted. For more details you can call Bardhyl Metkamberi - Project Coordinator | T + 38649491513
Before any hiring is made the candidate will submit:
- Two references from previous working places, teachers or other professionals;
- Certificate of criminal background check from Kosovo Police;
- Certificate of medical report.