Job no: 544515
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
Title of Consultancy: Social Media Consultant
Type of engagement: National Consultant
Duty Station: Prishtina / Office Based
Requesting Section/Issuing Office: Social Policy/C4D
Consultant sourcing: National Consultant
Start Date: 1 October 2021
End Date: 15 September 2022
Purpose of Activity/Assignment:
With the continuous rise of COVID-19 positive cases in Kosovo coupled with low COVID-19 vaccination rates, there are evident signs of pandemic fatigue or demotivation to follow recommended protective practices, emerging gradually over time and affected by a number of emotions, experiences and perceptions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. In response to this, UNICEF intends to support the development of evidence-based communication and community engagement interventions to promote and maintain key preventive practices for COVID-19 and ensure the acceptance and uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine. To enable development and implementation of these activities that will be aligned with the COVID-19 National Deployment and Vaccination Plan (NDVP), UNICEF will support the creation of a Communication Hub that will rally a team of professionals with specialized expertise in strategic communications, social media, behavioral and social sciences as well as monitoring and evaluation. The Communication Hub will bring together insights from social media listening and other data collection methods from the field, process and analyze them, and develop tailored evidence-based communication campaigns and outreach activities.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the UNICEF C4D Officer, the Social Media Consultant will be responsible for managing the project’s social media component, focusing specifically on social media listening activities and communication through social media channels. The consultant will be responsible for developing and executing a social media communication strategy on COVID-19 vaccination and prevention measures. The Social Media Specialist will work closely with UNICEF Kosovo Office, Ministry of Health, and Institute of Public Health and other relevant actors on developing strategic social media interventions for increasing uptake of COVID-19 vaccination and prevention measures in the population.
The Consultant will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a communication plan for social media on importance of COVID-19 vaccinations and increased uptake among the population.
- Develop the methodology for regular tracking/review of public perceptions, sentiments, attitudes, misinformation, rumors, fake news etc. on COVID-19 on social media platforms.
- Coordinate the development of the process for production of periodic analytical reports on misinformation, perceptions, and attitudes on vaccines through social media listening tools.
- Regularly analyse data and draft written reports on social media conversations around COVID-19 vaccination.
- Identify and connect with influencers/personalities with high numbers of followers on social media accounts and plan on engaging them for dissemination of COVID-19 messaging.
- Liaise with key government institutions to obtain accurate, up-to-date content to be shared on the social media channels.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by the Supervisor.
Work Assignment Overview
Tasks/Milestone: Develop and implement a communication plan for social media on importance of COVID-19 vaccination and increased uptake among population
Deliverables/Outputs: Communication plan for social media developed and implemented
Timeline: November 2020-September 2021
Tasks/Milestone: Develop the methodology for regular social listening (tracking/review of public perceptions on social media)
Deliverables/Outputs: Methodology developed. 10 periodic social listening reports produced
Timeline: December 2021-September 2022
Tasks/Milestone: Identify and connect with influencers/personalities with high number of followers on social accounts and develop a plan on engaging them for dissemination of COVID-19 messaging.
Deliverables/Outputs: The plan on engaging influencers on social media developed and implemented
Timeline: November 2021-September 2022
Tasks/Milestone: Collect and disseminate accurate information on COVID-19 on social media
Deliverables/Outputs: Social media accounts actively utilized to disseminate accurate information on COVID-19
Timeline: November 2021-September 2022
Minimum Qualifications required:
Education: Advanced University degree in communications, journalism, social sciences, or a related field.
Language Requirements: Fluency in Albanian and English is required. Knowledge of other local languages is considered as an asset.
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience in social media communication and content creation experience.
- Excellent communication skills, in both written and oral forms.
- Expertise in working with social media platforms.
- Capacity to monitor and analyze social media data and interactions.
- Proven ability to develop approaches and materials for diverse target audiences, including messaging for diverse population groups.
- Knowledge on public health and social and behavioral change projects/programmes/methodology is an asset.
- Works Collaboratively with others
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships. Manages ambiguity and complexity
- Applying technical expertise
- Follows instructions and procedure
Advertised: 10 Sep 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time
Deadline: 19 Sep 2021 Central Europe Daylight Time